Featuring NBA legends Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird as this year’s cover athletes, along with new modes and enhanced gameplay, NBA 2K12 reinforces the franchise’s commitment to quality by combining the best of simulation basketball with an unforgettable sports game soundtrack.
This year’s cross-genre soundtrack highlights both popular megastars and up-and-coming bands, with music from Eminem & Royce Da 5’9”, Travis Barker, Busta Rhymes, Lil Jon, Twista, Cee-Lo, Q-Tip and more.
The extensive collection of 28 tracks includes original and remixes created specifically for NBA 2K12, including Freddie Gibbs’ “Look Easy,” the Duck Down All-Stars 2 featuring Skyzoo, Pharoahe Monch & Smif N Wessun’s “Shout The Winners Out,” CyHi Da Prynce’s “Sideways (2K Remix),” and Alex K. and D.J.I.G.’s “Now’s My Time.”
Alex K. and D.J.I.G. are the winners of the Duck Down contest who, with the help of passionate fans, were chosen from thousands of competing producers and MCs to collaborate on an original track to be featured in NBA 2K12.
“Music has always been an integral part of our NBA 2K video games, as it further immerses players into the world of basketball and enhances their gaming experience,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “It was important to us that the NBA 2K12 soundtrack was not only what you hear while navigating the menus, but also in real-life situations like pre-game highlight introductions and during timeouts, just as you would hear a song while at a game or watching on TV.”
Following is a complete track list for NBA 2K12:
- Eminem & Royce Da 5’9” – Fast Lane
- Travis Barker featuring Yelawolf, Twista, Busta Rhymes and Lil Jon - Let's Go
- CyHi Da Prynce – Sideways (2K Remix)
- Kurtis Blow - Basketball
- Friendly Fires - Skeleton Boy
- Machine Drum - Let It (edIT Remix)
- Aceyalone featuring Cee-Lo - Workin' Man's Blues
- Freddie Gibbs - Look Easy (2K Original)
- Chiddy Bang featuring Q-Tip - Here We Go
- Zion I featuring Rebelution- Many Stylez
- Duck Down All -Stars 2 - Shout The Winners Out (2K Original)
- Middle Class Rut - New Low
- Bassnectar - Cozza Frenzy
- Ancient Astronauts - Still a Soldier
- Alex K. and D.J.I.G. - Now's My Time (2K Original)
- See-I - Haterz
- James Pants - We're Through
- Shinobi Ninja - Rock Hood
- DELS - Shapeshift
- Hudson Mohawke - Thunder Bay (instrumental)
- Mr. Chop - Intermezzo 2 (instrumental)
- Kid Mac featuring Mat McHugh - Hear You Calling
- Thunderball - Make Your Move
- The Freeze Tag - The Shuffle (instrumental)
- The Death Set - It's Another Day
- Project Lionheart -They Come Back
- Jamaica - By The Numbers
- XV – Awesome
Through “NBA’s Greatest” mode, gamers can relive professional basketball’s most memorable rivalries with 15 historic NBA teams and their greatest players, including Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Julius “Dr. J” Erving among other basketball icons.
Gamers will now have the ability to take Larry Bird’s sweet stroke against Julius Erving’s legendary above-the-rim offense, or pit Magic Johnson and the Los Angeles Lakers’ “Showtime” offense against Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls to see which iconic teams and legends would dominate in an ultimate showdown. By recreating the historic matchups of basketball’s fiercest rivalries, NBA 2K12 pays tribute to the teams and heroes that defined them -- in doing so, players will be able to unlock these legendary athletes and teams to create matchups against any current NBA franchise.
Finally, the debate among diehard basketball fans as to which team - past or present - would rule the hardwood will be settled in NBA 2K12. “NBA’s Greatest” mode will allow fans to match Jordan’s Bulls against the Miami Heat’s “Big 3” of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh; Bird’s Celtics against the Lakers’ with Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol; and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Lakers against the Orlando Magic with Dwight Howard.
NBA 2K12 can now be pre-ordered from leading video game retailers nationwide.
More articles about NBA 2K12