The story takes place eighteen months after the events of Gears of War 2 and the loss of the human stronghold of Jacinto. Marcus, Baird, Dom and company continue their fight to save human civilization, as they battle the Locust and face new threats from within the planet throughout the campaign mode.
Do you have the guts to go commando? For the next eight weeks, fans of the Gears of War franchise should be ready to drop everything at a moment’s notice, because GameStop kicks off its “Go Commando” sweepstakes today. To help launch Gear of War 3, GameStop is giving away more than 3,600 commando-worthy prizes now through Oct. 3 in this sweepstakes created exclusively for GameStop pre-order customers.
Entering the “Go Commando” sweepstakes is simple. Fans can pre-order the game at any local GameStop or online and use their receipt information or online order information to enter. The code can be entered once a day on the “Go Commando” website, for a chance to win.
In addition to the grand prize, a 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer, participants can also win instant prizes and 41 daily grand prizes, such as:
- Xbox Live memberships
- An ATV
- MSI WindPads
- Flatscreen TVs
- Autographed Gears of War 3 concept art
The grand prize drawing for a 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer will occur on Oct. 3. The entry pool resets every 24 hours, so fans can enter once a day during the sweepstakes period. There is a limit of one prize per person, family or household per day. In addition, Gears of War fans looking to take the game of chance to the next level can spin the COG where there are loads instant prizes to be had.
For complete rules and additional details, visit a local GameStop retail location or the “Go Commando” website. No purchase necessary to participate. Purchase does not improve chances of winning. Void where prohibited.
Note: Customers who pre-ordered prior to Aug. 11 can go to the “Go Commando” website to register.Key Features:
- An enthralling cinematic story that captivates players in an intimately intense action game
- Five-on-five multiplayer experience as well as four player campaign co-op experience
- New multiplayer game modes including "Beast Mode" – offering a new twist to the game where you take on the role of the locust horde and their assorted variations!
- New maps including: Trenches which features an impressive sand storm that reduces your visibility, as well as Overpass, Mercy, Checkout, and Thrashball
- New weapons including: The Bayonet Charge, The Retro Lancer, The Sawed-off Shotgun, The OneShot – a heavy sniper rifle that shoots through shields or cover for a surprise one shot kill, The Incendiary Grenade, The Digger Launcher and a few subtle tweaks to old favorites Hammerburst and The Classic Lancer. Don't forget that each weapon now has its own execution move!
Stay tuned for more updates, and keep your eyes peeled for more news on the Official Multiplayer Public Beta coming soon!
More articles about Gears Of War 3