It has been 25 years since the malevolent Entity was defeated, and the space-gate closed, liberating humanity from the yoke of slavery. In the meantime, humanity has spread across the solar system, and seen the emergence of the first “Psis”: psychically-gifted individuals who can direct the course of space, time and matter by the power of thought alone.
However, all may not be as it seems: as the first Psis reach maturity, humanity finds itself once more under attack by beings from distant stars, who attack wherever the Psis are to be found. Are the Psis the next stage of human evolution, or a subtle curse that will lead to the downfall of the entire species? All is to be discovered.
"Nexus 2 is a very special project for the company", said studio owner Mike Horneman. "Nexus was our first game, and we still have many of the original team-members on board, with full plans in place for what we'd do for a sequel".
"We re-launched the original Nexus on Steam a while ago, and even now we see a substantial amount of new players buying the game each month", said Horneman. "We have a very vocal fan base, and know that there's a large number of people out there who would love to see a sequel made".
MWE are looking to finance the project with a mixture of its own funds supported by crowdfunding.
"We're happy to put a large chunk of our own resources into making Nexus 2", said Horneman, "but realistically we cannot fund the whole project ourselves. So, with GamesPlant, we can offer all our fans out there a chance to be part of the Nexus 2 project. The more you pledge, the more you will benefit; from digital pre-orders, through special boxed editions and your name included in the game, right up to profitsharing; everyone can be a part of this."
The GamesPlant site allows users to "pledge" funds to projects, with the money only actually deducted if the project meets its start criteria. If Most Wanted's Nexus 2 plan succeeds, it will be the largest game ever started on the site.
- The Next Chapter in the Story: A full six episodes of narrative content are planned, as the Nexus storyline flourishes into a new level of mystery and intrigue.
- Psi Powers: The arrival of the Psis brings a new facet to space combat. Four different psychics are available to accompany Marcus on his flagship, each with unique capabilities to affect one aspect of the battle.
- Two All-New Races: As well as the familiar foes of old, two new races join the throng.
- The followers of the Sibling are fanatical in devotion to their God, and the devastation he orders upon humanity – but why do they seem so human themselves?
- For the first time, the Creators make themselves seen – what mysterious purpose do they pursue, and what secrets do they hold about the birth of life in the Cosmos?
- New Units: The other races of the Nexus universe have not stood still – each of them has developed new technologies, and designed mighty new ships to do battle amidst the voids of space.
- Spaceship Component System: Spaceships can now be composed of many different parts, allowing for powerful modular ships that can separate and recombine in different ways, and massive space stations which must be destroyed piece-by-piece.
- Improvements Throughout: As well as the key features above, numerous tweaks and overhauls will be seen throughout the product:
- Upgraded Core Engine allows for spectacular new visual effects
- Carrier management tool allows the Player to configure his fighters, bombers and gunboats to his exact specification
- Additional planetary systems offer fresh battlefield environments, and new strategic problems to wrestle with
- Completely-remixed music track, featuring two all-new themes
More articles about Nexus 2: The Gods Awaken