Summer Challenge: Athletics Tournament is set to coincide with the start of this year’s World Athletics Championships in Daegu, South Korea – the last major Athletics Championship before the 2012 Olympic Games in London, UK.
As well as a career mode you can also challenge your friends in head to head competition either through the split screen mode or through online play. Each event in Summer Challenge boasts online global leaderboards and individual difficulty settings, allowing you to tailor the playing experience to your own strengths and weaknesses.
Summer Challenge allows the player to compete in events such as: 100m and 1,500m races, 110m Hurdles, Javelin, Pole Vault, 100m freestyle swimming, 70m Recurve Bow (Archery) as well as diving, gymnastics and fencing. In total there are 20 different events to compete in spread across eight different disciplines.
Brian Faller, Product Manager for Summer Challenge said “We are really excited about Summer Challenge, the game includes a vast array of sports, offering an event for everyone! With the launch coinciding with the start of the World Athletics Championship the release timing is perfect for us”.
- 20 events split across 8 different disciplines
- 100 Meters Sprint
- 200 Meters Sprint
- 400 Meters Sprint
- 110 Hurdles
- 1,500 Meters
- High Jump
- Pole Vault
- Long Jump
- Triple Jump
- 100 Meters Freestyle Swimming
- 100 Meters Butterfly Swmming
- 70 Meter Compound (Archery)
- 50 Meter Recurve (Archery)
- 10 Meter Diving
- Foil Fencing
- Up to 4 player simultaneous play via online play or local split screen
- Online global leaderboards
- Single player Summer Challenge career mode
- Individual difficulty levels for each event allowing you to set your own challenge
- Photo-realistic sports arenas
More articles about Summer Challenge: Athletics Tournament