Global Agenda is a fast-paced massively multiplayer action game set in Earth's near future, a spy-fi world of advanced technology and player-driven conflict. Players determine which factions to aid and which to oppose.
In the wake of severe global disaster, the political face of 22nd century earth has changed. Player created factions scheme against each other for power while simultaneously opposing a totalitarian world government bent on domination. Traditional full-scale wars a thing of the past, factions must rely on covert agencies, teams of elite special operatives able to seize and defend key facilities. The future of humanity is their battleground, where knowledge is power, technology is a race, and everyone has an agenda.
The players are truly in control of Global Agenda, forging alliances with their peers and executing lightning strikes against their enemies. They determine which factions to aid and which to oppose, while the only thing that stands in their way is other agencies.
Gamers that play Global Agenda may earn experience points, in-game credits, achievements, upgrades and loot through either player-vs-player (PvP) or player-vs-environment (PvE) missions. Reinforcing the game's team-based gameplay, PvE missions feature teams of four player agents infiltrating Commonwealth facilities and working cooperatively to defeat an end boss.
Version 1.5 will be the largest content update in the history of Global Agenda, the Recursive Colony expansion (expected to launch early Fall 2011) is significant in that it introduces a brand new Open Zone, the first such addition since the Sandstorm expansion last summer.
“Players seeking a quest-driven, narrative experience post level 20 can now level-up in the new Open Zone as an alternative to, or in addition to, our instanced missions”, says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios COO. “We’ve also included a new set of instanced PvE and PvP content for players at all levels.”
Version 1.5 is themed around the Recursive Colony - an electronic, hive-mind faction of robots constructing robots and intruding upon the player social hub of Dome City.
Notable expansion additions include:
- New Open Zone with several instanced missions, quest chains, mid-high level content, vendors, social spaces
- New enemy bots - encountered within Open Zone as well as instanced missions
- Daily Repeatable Quests - for solo agents and teams. Some quests take place in zones, while others send teams into Recursive Colony hive nodes and ruins. These quests include new 4-man defense Raid missions - now available to smaller groups (1-4) at lower levels (20+)
- New Dyes, Flair, and Trails - rewards for winning missions, completing daily quests, rare bot drops, others given via achievements
- New Pets - new pets available as rewards and crafted items.
- New Blueprints - for consumables and mods
- Easier crafting - components now within the zone, to help with leveling crafting skills
- New High/Max/UltraMax missions entering the Spec Ops queues
- New PvP Map - Push Dust will be entering the Merc queue from Beta
- New PvP Acquisition/CTR Map - Colony Caverns will be entering the Beta Queue
- Revamped Intro Missions - Tutorials now include class-specific elements to help train new players
- Some quests now affect the state of the world (example - Brownouts in Dome City...)
- Ability to transfer between different Open Zone instances (and VR Arena)
- Open Zone cross-instance chat channels
- Disconnect to Character Select Screen without re-login
- Improved Vendor Item Previewing
Attendees of the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) in Seattle, WA can be the first to play the new content this weekend within the Hi-Rez Studios booth #252.
- Develop your agent: Create, extensively customize, and improve your agent character over the course of your career, complimenting your FPS skills with RPG-style progression and high-tech gear.
- Join with other agents: Engage in cooperative PvE missions to develop and refine your individual and team tactics
- Advance your agency: Join a player-created agency, compete in technology races for advanced equipment, and capture critical locations to increase your influence in the world.
- Compete in fast-paced PvP combat: Work with your allies to raid or capture enemy controlled facilities during objective-based missions. Equip yourself from a powerful array of weapons, armor, and strategic devices like triggered explosives, deployable turrets, stealth suits, holographic decoys, and remote control robots.
- Experience a dynamic, player-driven world: Agency leaders navigate through a global conflict of other player-run groups, striving to reach their goals first. Territory, resources, technology, and influence are all valuable commodities, with agencies engaging in politics, intrigue, and outright deception to control them.
A comparison of the features included in the non-subscription and subscription ("Conquest") portions of the game is available on the official website.
More articles about Global Agenda