High atop his penthouse office, a mysterious ringleader named Calypso lords over the contest of vehicle combat known as Twisted Metal. He returns again to host the ultimate contest of skill and destruction. Contestants have been chosen to compete and, should they emerge victorious, win whatever prize their heart desires.Originally scheduled for release on October 4th, 2011, Eat Sleep Play recently revealed it would need more time to polish and tweak the game, pushing it back until 2012. Today David Jaffe, co-founder of Eat Sleep Play revealed that the game has a new specific release date, February 14, 2012, Valentine's Day.
Go Online as a Disciple
- Fight online as a disciple of one of four factions, each based on a classic Twisted Metal character.
- Supports up to 16 players online through PSN.
- Play with friends in 2- 4 player split-screen and online as well.
- Featuring a variety of gameplay types including series' favorite and new, unique game modes.
- With the power of PS3 system, unleash massive amounts of destruction in brand new, never before seen Twisted levels.
- Deliver destruction to strategically change the face of the level, or just cause incredible chaos.
New Vehicles, New Weapons, New Environments
- Featuring a complete arsenal of weapons that make for more creative kills, from missiles and miniguns to giant magnets and flying mascots; players always have a way to take someone out.
- Choose from over a dozen Twisted vehicles, each outfitted with special weapons to strategically dismantle opponents.
- Flight is a first for the franchise. One of the new vehicles in Twisted Metal to take full advantage of flight is the Talon, a helicopter armed to the teeth with a minigun turret.
- Disciples team their rides up in various modes to wreak havoc on the enemy such as using the Talon as a magnet to pick up teammates and rain double the destruction down below.
Unique Single-Player Campaign
- Fight for the prize of one wish fulfilled by Calypso, the Twisted Metal mastermind.
- Twisted Metal will feature full PSN Trophy support, making players' accomplishments that much more satisfying.
More articles about Twisted Metal