Torchlight II captures the quirky charm and furious action of the original, while expanding the world and including the features players wanted most. Torchlight II is fast, fun, and filled to the brim with action and loot. Adventure solo, or online with your friends!
The most exciting new feature of Torchlight II is the multiplayer component. Play with friends old and new, using the free matchmaking service. Together you'll discover expansive outdoor areas and ominous caverns; random dungeons teem with a huge variety of all new monsters and villains, powerful magical loot, and quests to complete. Journey through vastly differing locales, enjoying all new weather features, time of day events, and a new and more deeply developed story.
Years ago, the Heroes of Torchlight saved the world from the ancient evil, Ordrak. Now someone has stolen the essence of his power, and is using it to upset the balance of the six elements. After witnessing the destruction wrought by this terrible artifact, you'll begin a quest to uncover the villain's identity and avert disaster. The trail leads from the beleaguered Estherian Steppes, through the war-torn Mana Wastes and the haunted ruins of an ancient dwarven city, before descending to a realm where no mortal has set foot for thousands of years—and where an even more terrible evil struggles to unleash itself into the world.
“It’s always been our goal to provide exceptional value for the price,” says Max Schaefer, CEO of Runic Games. “Everyone who wants to play Torchlight II will be able to comfortably afford to do so, and they’ll be able to play with their friend online or via a LAN, or play single player offline, all with no further purchases.”
Torchlight II Playable Class: The Embermage
"Ember is dangerous to the untrained hand—and deadly in mine."
At the forefront of the Empire’s colonization of Vilderan are the Embermages—highly-trained spellcasters renowned for their skill, dedication, and arcane power. No Imperial army is complete without these fierce warrior-wizards in the vanguard.
It is widely accepted in the Empire that Embermages are a special breed, held in awe and respect for the rigorous training they undergo, and the prowess they display. Selected in early adolescence by the Ember Council, Embermages undergo extensive arcane conditioning and mystical studies, accompanied by hours of physical drills and combat exercises each and every day. They learn to work in tandem with Vanquishers, and crush the Empire’s foes with both subtle grace and overwhelming might, as the situation demands. By the time Embermages are assigned to active duty, they are accomplished wizards, formidable soldiers, and insightful strategists.
As the name suggests, Embermages study the magical mineral known as Ember, through which process they gain a better understanding of thaumaturgic principles. But, unlike the Empire's legion of Alchemists, Embermages do not actually draw energy from Ember itself; instead, they observe its properties, and, through meditation and experimentation, learn to recreate the effects of Ember in a wide range of magical applications. In addition to unleashing blasts of high-energy fire, ice, and electricity, an Embermage develops the means to magically interfere with the laws of time and space, moving themselves—or their enemies—across short distances in the blink of an eye.
This facility with applied magic defines the Embermage's combat role: an offensive spellcaster capable of delivering focused, precise attacks at a considerable distance, or of shifting foes violently away with short-range teleportation—usually with physically wrenching results for the targets! In battle, the Embermage wields each aspect of the Ember like a duelist wielding a blade—switching from fire to ice to lightning and back again in the span of a few heartbeats—all while disappearing from their foe's sight and reappearing in another, more advantageous position!
The Embermages’ combination of physical and magical discipline makes them superb ranged combatants: powerful, mobile, and versatile ... and, most importantly, ingenious!
- Multi-player – Play with your friends over the internet for free. No subscriptions, no item sales. And, our new matchmaking peer-to-peer service lets you find friends, start and join games for exciting co-op play. Of course, you can play single-player offline as well.
- Customizable Characters – Players will create and customize a character from one of four brand new classes. Each class can be played as either male or female, with customized cosmetic features and looks to make each individual character stand out. All new skills and loot give loads of opportunity for unique character builds.
- Moddability – Torchlight II will release with an all new version of TorchEd, the Torchlight editor. Players will have the option to create their own mods, adding even more content to the world. Have your friends download the same mod and play together.
- New User Interface – Torchlight II boasts a new and improved user interface, designed to be easier than ever for new players to pick up and play. This intuitive interface ensures you can focus on playing the game the way you want to.
- Open World – We’re not only in the town of Torchlight anymore! Explore vast overland areas and multiple hub towns, fight through rain, snow, day and night. Our level randomization ensures new layouts, paths, loot, and monsters every time you play.
- Retirement System – Once characters are sufficiently leveled up, they can ―retire‖ and bestow specific benefits and perks onto new characters. Their legacy will live on!
- Pets and Fishing – These popular features make their return in Torchlight 2 in improved form. More choices, better effects, and your pet will still make the run to town to sell your loot so you don’t have to.
Torchlight II will retail for $19.99 USD, the same price as the original Torchlight.
More articles about Torchlight II