A well-loved indie persists through the years
The original Star Sonata launched in late 2004, and has enjoyed continuously increasing popularity for seven years. Current players particularly enjoy the mixture of action and RPG elements along with the persistent sandbox nature of all the bases, colonies, and trading ships that players can control. It is like a hybrid of Asteroids, World of Warcraft, and Sim City. The small development team is very active with the community and has been developing Star Sonata 2 for 4 years.
Star Sonata 2 brings "retro" back to "modern"
Star Sonata 2 improves upon the original with 3d graphics, a greatly improved user interface, RTS-like controls for your ships, drones, and bases, inter-dimensional invasions that the players must cooperatively fight, expanded tech levels, and an amazing new musical score. It transforms the retro-style of Star Sonata 1 into a polished, modern MMORPG.
- Action-based combat and movement
- 8 classes, 4 trade skills, and 127 total skills that the players can train as they progress.
- Almost 2000 missions
- Thousands of different items that can be obtained or constructed
- Sandbox style universe with persistent space bases, colonies, automated trading ships, and defensive drones.
- RTS-like controls for controlling your slave ships, combat drones, and bases
- Universe separated into PvP and non-PvP zones
- Players can advance economically by trading between bases, creating their own bases and colonies, killing enemies, collecting PvP bounties, or completing missions.
- The universe "resets" every 3-4 months and re-randomizes most of the galaxies creating new conflict where there once was settled borders.
- A player can "win" the game by declaring himself emperor and defending his palace successfully until the end of a universe.
Players may sign up now for beta testing, which will begin starting September 10.
More articles about Star Sonata 2