The House of the Dead: Overkill uncovers the ugly, terrifying, red hot secrets behind the House of the Dead; the daddy of all over-the-top shooters. While staying true to the classic gameplay this hugely successful SEGA series is getting a new retro look, with distinctive graphics, sound and attitude that will add to its horror cool status.
The House of the Dead: Overkill charges you with mowing down waves of infected, blood-thirsty zombies in a last-ditch effort to survive Bayou City and uncover the horrific truth behind the origins of the House of the Dead.
Survival horror as it’s never been seen before! A pulp-style take on the classic SEGA light-gun shooter series. Back when the famous Agent G was still fresh out of the academy, he teamed up with hard-boiled bad-ass Agent Washington to investigate stories of mysterious disappearances in small-town Louisiana. Little did they know what blood-soaked mutant horror would await them in the streets and swamps of Bayou City.
Like “Naked Terror,” you will once again play as Varla and Candy (can’t complain there) as they fight their way through a slaughterhouse that has been taken over by…what can only be described as a meaty disease of sorts. Creeping Flesh delivers you more of the additional awesome content we’ve lovingly added to the extended, and definitive, edition of Overkill.
List of PS3 exclusive features:
- PlayStation Move and Sharp Shooter compatible
- OVERKILL fully remastered – available in high definition, with stereoscopic 3D for the first time ever
- Extended with 2 additional levels not featured in the original game
- Exclusive crossbow weapon
- New baby mutant type
- New Hardcore Mode – mutants can only be killed with headshots
- New Classic Mode – play through the entire game using only the AMS Magnum
- Exclusive Missing Reel – an extended boss fight with “Mother” in “OVERKILL”, the game’s final level
- Online leaderboards to track high scores and player statistics
- Collectibles to grab throughout all levels to unlock bonus materials; comic pages, music tracks, 3D models and 2D artwork
- New PlayStation Trophies to unlock
- Improved boss fights in all levels
- New and improved cutscenes using motion capture
- And more still to come!
More articles about The House of the Dead: Overkill