Featuring a unique interactive narrative style and handpainted environments in dazzling full-HD, Bastion challenges players to build a new world from the broken remnants of the past.
The goal of the game is to construct a safe haven in the wake of the Calamity, a cataclysmic event that shattered the world into a series of floating islands. As players journey into the wild unknown in search of survivors and supplies, they will confront strange beasts, forge an array of customizable weapons, and gain new powers from specially-brewed spirits. The entire play experience of Bastion is dynamically narrated, gradually revealing a rich backstory as the narrator reacts to the player's actions in real time.
In Bastion, players take control of a character known as the Kid, who is thrust into a world that has literally crumbled around him in a great Calamity. He must now construct a safe haven and build a new world from the remnants of the past. The game features lush and imaginative artwork as well as an innovative reactive narration system that responds to the player’s actions in real time all throughout the adventure. Bastion includes more than 30 areas to explore set in several wildly different environments, a variety of weapons and upgrades to discover, and a deep storyline to unravel.
- Reactive narrator – Bastion introduces a one‐of‐a‐kind reactive narration system, which gradually reveals a rich back story as the narrator reacts to the player’s actions, allowing for the player to have a truly personalized gameplay experience. The game features thousands of lines of narration. No player will be able to hear it all the first time through the game.
- Lush, hand‐painted world – Bastion is presented in a high‐definition, richly‐detailed painterly art style, which enhances the fantastical world design and immerses players in the unique setting and atmosphere.
- Nimble, active combat – The game offers exciting, highly responsive moment‐to‐moment action that rewards player skill and experimentation, allowing players to develop their own unique fighting styles by mixing and matching from a large variety of customizable weapons, each with their own special moves and mechanics.
- Frequent gameplay‐customizing choices – Bastion features many customizable elements including an array of weapons and upgrades as well as a special system that allows players to raise game difficulty in exchange for greater rewards.
- Grand adventure – This is a full‐length experience offering 8 to 10 hours of fully narrated gameplay. Once players finish the journey, they unlock a "New Game Plus" mode, which introduces additional content and new ways to play.
More articles about Bastion