Set against the collapsing temples of an ancient civilization and the crumbling cities of 22nd century Egypt, Serious Sam 3: BFE is an exhilarating fusion of classic twitch shooters and modern gameplay features.
Trademark features such as relentless hordes of spectacular enemies and expansive outdoor battlefields return in Serious Sam 3: BFE at full force.
Responding to popular demand of Serious Sam fans around the world, Croteam has confirmed that Serious Sam 3: BFE will ship on the PC with four-player split screen campaign cooperative and multiplayer versus modes. Using a mouse and keyboard in combination with up to three game pads on a PC, Serious Sam fans will be able to battle together through the twelve levels of mayhem and go head-to-head in Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Survival, Beast Hunt and other multiplayer modes in Serious Sam 3: BFE.
“Serious Sam games are known for frantic campaign coop and multiplayer modes so we wanted to make sure that Serious Sam 3: BFE dials up the chaos even more with local split screen co-op at launch,” said Alen Ladavac, Lead Programmer at developer Croteam. “Serious Sam fans have been very vocal on the Facebook fan page and the forums about split screen modes so we wanted to make sure we exceeded their expectations.”
Local split screen modes in Serious Sam 3: BFE open up a whole new world of possibilities not normally available during online play:
- Visual identification of opponents allows for more accurate racial and gender slurs during Deathmatch and Capture the Flag games.
- Close proximity allows for unwanted sexual advances towards opponents without fear ofreprisal due to their fear of losing the lead in Team Deathmatch.
- Leon’s mom usually walks around the house in these ridiculously short shorts that show the very edge of her butt. Seriously dude, you should see these things.
“These Serious Sam nerds need to get a job and pay for their own copy of Serious Sam 3: BFE. We’re losing a ton of cash on this little split screen feature,” added Devolver CFO Fork Parker. “By the way, do they make split screen adult films? Watching four at once would save me a lot of time in the shower. Fuck, don’t print that.”
Other features include:
- Frantic Arcade-Style Action – The calling card of the Serious Sam series, hold down the trigger and lay waste to a never-ending onslaught of attackers or face being overrun by Mental’s savage beasts. No cover systems, no camping – it’s just you and them. All of them.
- Mental’s Fearsome Legions – A new battalion of unforgettable minions including the rumbling Scrapjack and towering Khnum join the legendary Headless Kamikaze, Gnaar and Sirian Werebull. Your days of mowing down zombie Nazi space pirates are over.
- Serious Melee Attacks – When an enemy slips by your wall of lead and pain, use one of the all-new innovative melee moves to drop an enemy right where they stand in the most violent way possible.
- Pure Multiplayer Mayhem – Play through the full campaign mode with up to 16 players or drop the gauntlet and let the heavy ordinance fly in versus modes like Deathmatch and Beast Hunt. This is the next level of Serious Sam multiplayer and all hell is about to break loose.
More articles about Serious Sam 3: BFE