FIFA Soccer 12 brings to the pitch the game-changing new Player Impact Engine, a physics engine built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction on the pitch. Experience the way real-world players challenge each other for the ball, win possession, and test each other physically. Enjoy an infinite variety of natural and believable outcomes in every collision. Players feel more resilient, push and pull during the fight for possession, and recover from light challenges more easily.
Revolutionary gameplay innovations make FIFA 12 deeper and more engaging. All-new Precision Dribbling creates a higher fidelity of touch on the ball for better control in tight spaces, more time to make decisions on attack, and more control over the pace of the game. Defending has been re-designed to make it as skilful and meaningful as the real-world game with all-new Tactical Defending, where positioning and intercepting passes are as important as tackling. Tactics and timing are crucial.
CPU players have been infused with Pro Player Intelligence, a self-awareness that enables them to behave and make decisions based on their own skills and tendencies, and gives them the aptitude to understand the strengths and weaknesses of teammates in every situation. Transformed to look and feel fresh and new from pre-match to final whistle, FIFA Soccer 12 delivers an authentic Match Day experience, faster and easier navigation, and over 500 officially licensed clubs. Additional features will be revealed in the months ahead.
Every year, EA’s FIFA Soccer franchise brings together an unprecedented mix of genre-spanning music gathered from around the globe to represent each country and its passion for the game. The FIFA Soccer 12 soundtrack delivers new music from The Ting Tings, CSS, and Kasabian and hot tracks by Chase & Status, TV On The Radio, Foster The People, The Strokes and Thievery Corporation. In addition, this year’s soundtrack includes such international breakthrough artists as Australia’s The Medics, Brazil’s Bloco Bleque, England’s The Vaccines, Monarchy and Graffiti6, New Zealand’s Naked & Famous, Sweden’s Little Dragon, and American indie rock bands GIVER, Grouplove and Portugal. The Man.
“Our belief is that FIFA soundtracks must always be more than just a collection of songs,” said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing at EA. “We want to create a true international showcase that embodies dozens of nations and virtually every genre of music. We want to bring the world closer together by uniting the global cultures of soccer and music.”
The complete in-game soundtrack for FIFA Soccer 12 includes:
Alex Metric & Steve Angello
Open Your Eyes
Break The Spell
Architecture In Helsinki
Bloco Bleque / Gabriel O Pensador
So Tem Jogador
Chase & Status
Crystal Castles / Robert Smith
Not In Love
Hits Me Like A Rock
Where I'm Going
Latino & Proud
Bombay (Fresh Touch Dub Mix)
Foster The People
Call It What You Want
Up Up Up
The World Is Yours
Stare Into The Sun
Colours (Captain Cutz Remix)
La Vida Boheme
El Buen Salvaje
Una Sola Voz
Marteria / Yasha
The Phoenix Alive (Kris Menace Remix)
Pint Shot Riot
Portugal. The Man
Got It All (This Can’t Be Living Now)
The Big Bang
The Chain Gang Of 1974
The Naked & Famous
Punching In A Dream
The Ting Tings
Wreckin' Bar (Ra Ra Ra)
Tittsworth & Alvin Risk / Maluca
TV On The Radio
- Player Impact Engine—Two years in development, the new physics engine is built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction on the pitch. Experience an infinite variety of natural and believable outcomes in every contact. Players feel more resilient on the ball, push and pull during the fight for possession, and recover from light challenges more easily, preserving their natural momentum.
- Precision Dribbling—Enjoy new ways to take on opponents, more time on the ball to make decisions, and complete control of the pace of the game. Utilize close dribble touches in tight spaces, on the wings, and even while fending off an opponent.
- Tactical Defending—Innovations in attack are balanced by a re-designed defending mechanism. Defending is now as strategic as attacking with all-new Tactical Defending, which fundamentally changes the approach to defending by placing equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling.Tactics and timing are crucial.
- True Injuries—The Player Impact Engine monitors contact between players in real-time, analyzing the force of the collision and impact on the body to detect real injuries, creating a deeper more challenging Career Mode. Manage new types of injuries and the risk of sending a player onto the pitch who isn’t fully healed.
- Pro Player Intelligence—CPU players have been infused with self-awareness and aptitude, enabling them to make decisions based on their own skills as well as the strengths and attributes of their teammates. Players who possess exceptional vision, for example, will see opportunities for through balls that other players won’t. Real Madrid’s Kaká will be more likely—and quicker—to pick out a run from a teammate farther away than a player with poorer vision. Additionally, teams will vary their attack based on the strengths of their players on the pitch, and the weaknesses of opposing players, creating a more authentic experience and greater variety of matches.
- New Presentation—Matches now have a real-world broadcast look and feel. Dramatically improved lighting, more authentic crowds, and a new default camera make every game feel special.
- Easier Navigation—Redesigned menu system for fast and easy navigation, featuring customizable Main Menu based on arena player, Virtual Pro and favorite club.
- Complete Authenticity—Over 500 officially licensed clubs and more than 15,000 players.
More articles about FIFA 12