Focused on creating a fun and safe online environment for kids and families, Clone Wars Adventures offers exciting minigames, dynamic activities, lively social events and thousands of customization options. Players can even battle it out with friends alongside iconic Star Wars characters like Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and Ahsoka Tano.
With Clone Wars Adventures a new generation of Star Wars fans can become the next great hero of the Republic and take their rightful place alongside the Jedi, Padawan and Clone Troopers. Players can speed through space in a starfighter, take out waves of battle droids in Tower Defense or test their brains with challenging Droid Programming puzzles. Players can also purchase legendary Star Wars outfits, items and accessories through micro-transactions using Station Cash, SOE’s virtual currency.
“LucasArts continues to be an excellent partner, giving our team unprecedented access so that we can continue to create a virtual world that expands beyond the storylines of the TV show in fun and creative ways,” said John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment. “This Free-to-Play game truly extends the ‘Clone Wars’ experience for fans and presents varying gameplay options to accommodate all types of players so that they can enjoy this game in a way that suits them best. We are thrilled to have more than 8 million registered players so quickly and look forward to seeing our community and games continue to grow as season four kicks off.”
Season four of the television series, “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”, kicks off on September 16 with the inhabitants of the watery world of Mon Calamari on the brink of a civil war. Both the Jedi and Separatists will assemble amphibious forces to battle for control of the resource-rich planet. Fans of the series can log into CWA to play Mission on Iceberg 3 for an exclusive storyline that sets the stage for episode one of season four.
Additionally, SOE is creating a new mini-game Aquatic Assault, a top-down 2D action game set in the Mon Calamari battle depicted in the premiere episode of season four. Players will take control of Kit Fisto and his Diver Propulsion Vehicle and attempt to defeat waves of enemies including Aqua Droids, Quarren and Karkaradon.
“Our partnership with Sony Online Entertainment has helped expand The Clone Wars franchise across multiple mediums, making the fan base stronger than ever,” said Mary Bihr, VP of Global Publishing at LucasArts. “Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures has reached this benchmark because of its authenticity to The Clone Wars storyline, immersive gameplay mechanics and easy online accessibility that caters to both young and old.”
To celebrate this milestone, SOE will be offering a number of promotional in-game items and community events, including:
- 5000 Galactic Credits - Log in at least once from September 12 through September 16 to receive a one time grant of 5000 credits
- “Vigilance” and “Negotiator” – Log in on September 16 to receive the ‘Vigilance’, Captain Rex’s chrome plated pistol and the ‘Negotiator’, Captain Rex’s other chrome plated pistol
- Extend the Fantasy: Kids no longer have to wait until the next exciting episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated TV series to continue exploring and enjoying the Star Wars universe. With Clone Wars Adventures, kids can go online to experience exciting thrills as you duel iconic adversaries with your own custom lightsaber, speed through the galaxy in your starfighter, defeat enemies and take down starships. Adventure online to discover your destiny!
- Play Free or Upgrade: Clone Wars Adventures is a free-to-play game, but players who want to take the galactic action to the next level can purchase a monthly membership. Players can also buy cool Star Wars universe items from within the game through micro-transactions using Station Cash.
- Minigames & More: From Droid Programming to Speeder Bike Racing, Clone Wars Adventures puts you in the driver seat to experience epic action in immersive minigames that take you to your favorite locations in the galaxy. Become the proud owner of a tricked out Droid pet or throw a party in your player house - the fun is endless!
- Fun With Friends: Whether you are on adventures with old friends or competing for leaderboard status with new ones, Clone Wars Adventures is a lively virtual world that connects players in fun and safe ways. Show off your achievements in your Trophy Room, use safe chat and emoticons to express yourself and celebrate in-world events with the entire galaxy!
- Embedded Card Game: Clone Wars Adventures card battles lets players pit a variety of fun characters, creatures and vehicles from The Clone Wars television show against one another in a unique, fast-paced combat similar to the gameplay styles of traditional games such as War and Concentration.
- Kid-Friendly: Parental controls allow for the customization of safety options, including pre-canned chat and playtime settings for younger players.
Clone Wars Adventures is a free-to-play to game, but players who want to take the galactic action to the next level can purchase a monthly Membership subscription for $5.99, while a variety of epic items can also be purchased through Station Cash micro-transactions. The Clone Wars Adventures Galactic Passport is scheduled to be available at thousands of retail locations in North America and will include a 90 day membership, 500 Station Cash, the ability to unlock the Togruta playable character, a Yoda monitor topper, and more.
More articles about Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures