The update comes with some improvements to how the AI handles relations with other players, various tweaks to gameplay, a fix for an issue with saving games, and some additional bug fixes as well.
The Armada 2526 Supernova version 1.04 features are:
- Three New races
- Return of PGTC faction with new Trade Ships feature
- Enhanced espionage
- Significant AI improvements
- Many minor fixes and improvements
The exploration side of the game has been greatly enhanced with new types of stars and planets, and a wide variety of special characteristics that a system may possess. There’s a new trade system that lets you build up a trading network, a system for espionage and special operations, many new technologies to research, and lots of new units types.
Although the game is complex, and the possible strategies endless, powerful help and advisor features, help you get up to speed quickly. Unlike many games in this genre, Armada 2526 focuses on providing a game that can be finished in a reasonable time, and emphasizes battle and strategy over economic micro-management.
The game consists of two sections. The Star Map is where you run your empire: manage your colonies, deploy your fleets, do research, and conduct diplomacy. It uses a turn based system, so you can take as long as you wish to plan your actions. However, once battle is joined, you switch to the battle module and fight it out in a real-time 3D system that brings to life the beauty and visceral carnage of space combat.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “There are so many exciting new features packed into Armada 2526: Supernova. This expansion is about as dense with rich new gameplay as a neutron star, including the ability to square off against friends via multiplayer! Here you have a 4X space strategy game for the ages, don’t miss it!”
- Two new races to exterminate
- Various new types of stars and planets
- Wide selection of special characteristics that star systems may possess
- New trade system that allows you to build up a trading network
- New espionage and special operations systems
- Many new technologies to research
- Challenge your friends over LAN or by e-mail
More articles about Armada 2526: Supernova