Every aspect of gameplay and the in-game environment is designed to make the player feel that they are controlling the locomotive.
With 15 highly detailed and accurate locomotives from the age of steam to present day and eight different routes featuring authentic signalling, stations and landscaping, the Train Simulator 2012 core set provides hundreds of hours of challenging gameplay. The RS Career System allows players to compete against other drivers around the world, or they may choose to create the routes and collections of their dreams with a vast range of additional downloadable locomotives, stock and routes. Built-in tutorials make it easy for newcomers to get in the cab and start playing right away.
Railsimulator.com has signed an agreement with Amtrak which allows them to produce officially-licensed Amtrak content in their simulators, notably their new title RailWorks3: Train Simulator 2012. The company already has agreements with BNSF, Union Pacific, Canadian National, Norfolk Southern and many more key companies.
“The partnership with Amtrak adds passenger service to our already robust coverage of North American railroads,” said Paul Jackson CEO of Railsimulator.com. “As Amtrak celebrates its 40th anniversary, record numbers of people are rediscovering train travel, and our simulator makes it simple to get started in the hobby.”
Railsimulator.com released the Northeast Corridor route in late August as an add-on to RailWorks 2, allowing passengers to take the controls of an Amtrak train themselves. Further Amtrak releases include the P42DC Genesis locomotive and the high-speed Acela Express service, so everyone will be able to build and operate their own virtual Amtrak fleet.
- Train Simulator 2012 provides hundreds of hours of challenging gameplay, with built-in tutorials make it easy for newcomers to get in the cab and start playing right away. The world editor even allows players to stop the action at any point and re-model the world they are in, or create their own from scratch using the built-in tools.
- RS Career System allows players to compete against other drivers around the world
- 15 highly detailed and accurate locomotives from around the world covering the age of steam to modern locomotives'
- 8 different routes from the US, UK and Europe featuring authentic signalling, stations and landscaping
- Control multiple camera views during gameplay and Capture the action with the snapshot button
- Train Simulator 2012 also offers a vast range of additional downloadable locomotives, stock and routes to enable even the most ardent rail fan to add to their virtual fleet and create the railroad of their dreams.
Train Simulator 2012 will be available from Steam and leading gaming retailers
More articles about Train Simulator 2012