Drawing inspiration from the mythologies of Icarus and timeless fairytales, OIO is the story of a little wooden man, awakened when a stray beam of sunlight pierces the twilight subterranean world in which he and his hand-carved compatriots stand frozen in time. Alone in being reanimated, OIO embarks on a perilous journey through the vast organic netherworld with only his wits and magical seeds to overcome the challenges before him and climb towards the light. As the journey unfolds, OIO will learn of the fate that befell his petrified companions, seek a way to free them from their inanimate tyranny, and come face to face with his greatest challenge.
The player will guide OIO through 12 scrolling levels in the twilight domain, using the seeds he acquires to grow and combine wooden beams and solve increasingly elaborate physical puzzles.
Jump over obstacles, climb, and master the propagation of fire in the wooden world, reaching ever higher through four different environments, including roots and natural wood, mines, and eventually a realm of metallic machinery.
The beautiful art of OIO has been created in a hand-made “art brut” organic style, using wood alongside other natural forms and materials to build detailed environments with depth and scale. The sensitively handled lighting and the hypnotic original music add the final atmospheric touch to environments that demand to be explored, drawing the player ever deeper into the OIO universe.
- A new approach of classic platformer with an original and fresh core gameplay: grow up to three wooden beams and combine them to progress.
- Get on a memorable journey through a wooden made universe to unveil the darkness surrounding the world.
- Solve puzzles with a variety of resolutions.
- Control the fire propagation along the beams.
- Deep exploration of the levels rewarded by revealing the past of this strange universe.
- A unique handmade-like art style.
- 12 levels across various environments from the underground to the top of a gigantic construction.
- A final confrontation for the sake of your people.
More articles about OIO: The Game