Gamers will play as Detective John Tanner on a relentless manhunt for crime lord Charles Jericho through the hills of the City by the Bay. Thanks to a groundbreaking gameplay feature, players can now seamlessly "shift" between well over 100 licensed vehicles, keeping them constantly in the heart of the action. With its timeless setting, unique car handling and renewed playability, Driver San Francisco will revitalize the classic free-roaming, cinematic car chase experience for the current generation of gaming platforms.
Due to a printing error on the insert of some copies of Driver: San Francisco in North America, Ubisoft has elected to provide the Driver Uplay Passport content for free. Although this problem does not affect players outside of North America, we have decided to mirror this offer to everyone in the world in order to be fair to all our players.
When you begin Driver: San Francisco, you are prompted with the Uplay Passport menu. The menu has 4 options: "Purchase Uplay PASSPORT," "Activate my Uplay PASSPORT," "Start my 2-Day Free Trial," or "Remind Me Later" There are two ways to access these online features:
- Select Start My 2-Day Free Trial, which will not expire, OR
- Select Purchase Uplay Passport, which will be provided at no charge.
Either option will unlock the 11 multiplayer modes and the Film Director feature on console titles with Uplay Passport.
- The True Car Chase Experience: Rediscover the cinematic driving sensations of Driver: loose suspension, long drifts, sharp bends and high-speed pursuits in dense traffic. Drive over 120 licensed cars involved in some of the most intense chase sequences ever seen.
- A Relentless Manhunt: Uncover a thrilling storyline in which personal revenge fuels Tanner's relentless manhunt for Jericho. Follow Tanner's survival race across San Francisco and discover how this chase will bring him to a point of no return.
- Shift: As Tanner recovers from a terrible crash, he realizes he has acquired a new ability that enables him to instantly change vehicles and take control: Shift. Experience unprecedented intensity, diversity and freedom; shift into a faster car, deploy civilian vehicles to destroy your enemies and even take control of your opponents' car to force their demise.
- A Car Chase Playground: Drive on more than 200 kilometers of road network, over the Golden Gate Bridge, and along iconic locations throughout San Francisco. Shift from one car to the next and dip into the lives of different residents, a head-spinning array of characters, each with a unique perspective on a city under siege.
- Multiplayer Mayhem: Experience nine different, frantic and addictive on-line modes, where the Shift feature allows players to be anywhere at any time. Ram, tail and overtake your friends in offline split-screen or online modes.
- And More: Record your best stunts and chases with the Director replay mode to edit and share your movies. Test your driving skills with 20 challenging races and 80 "dares" spread all across the city. Listen to over 60 music tracks with songs from famous artists, not to mention the original memorable Driver theme.
More articles about Driver: San Francisco