The player will acts as a ninja named Zen who was formerly betrayed by his companions and lost his home. He has been raised in Asuka ninja clan of the fictional region Utakata. Utakata is once again in the middle of a civil war involving mysterious "Magic Mirror". Zen makes up his mind to live as a ninja seeking a chance to revenge. The story is set in Japan’s feudal era with beautifully rendered Japanese and ninja unique maps, such as estates and castles. Fully explore the areas both horizontally and vertically to complete the deadly missions.
Zen needs to stealthily accomplish missions in order to achieve an objective. There are great varieties of missions from killing a cunning merchant to delivering a secret document. Hide yourself with shadows of buildings and trees. Take advantage of elevated locations and blind angles to outwit the hostile enemies. Challenge yourself at a mission by using multiple ninja stealth actions. There are many useful ninja tools, such as Uzumibi that will explode when someone steps on it. Further information is coming soon.
Sometimes instead of stealthily avoiding enemies, you will need to execute them. Approach without noticed and kill 'em with a single blow. But don't forget, needless killing will incur danger. If an enemy detects you, he might alert others of Zen’s presence and things could turn into a bloody scramble. Kill 'em and walk away before anyone catches the wind. Assassination is a Zen's special talent that enables the player to kill the opponent with a single blow. Experience stylish ninja style stealth killings.
By using the PlayStation Vita's multi-touch screen and rear touchpad, ninja actions such as enemy targeting become more comfortable and intuitive. The player can see if enemies are in nearby by looking at the "Enemy Icons" shown in the right side of the screen. Touching and holding the icon will move the camera towards the enemy. The color of the icon changes depending on the following phases of the enemy's awareness: white (not detected), purple (alerted) and red (detected). Also you can open a map and transit into the first person view for aiming using touching features.
- Dynamic Storyline: The player can interact with three factions with different choices affecting the power balance between the factions and resulting in diverging storylines.
- Stealth action gameplay for a master assassin: Employ a variety of deadly finishing moves which vary according to the location. Activate the Zankoku for bullet-time action and use the Ninja Flying ability to freely explore the environments.
- New “near” network features: Boost your inventory by receiving gift items from other players using the PlayStation Vita near feature.
- Original PS Vita rear touch panel gameplay features: icon appears, use the touch panel to look in that direction. In the first person viewer mode,
- use the rear panel to target and launch long range weapons at enemies.
- When Zen senses the presence of an enemy and the
More articles about Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen