New on the scene will be America, Britain and France, whose arrival incites a ferocious civil war to decide the fate of the nation. You’ll be able to play one of six new playable clans, supporting either the Imperial throne or the last Shogunate.
In Fall of the Samurai, we’ll be supporting features like railway networks, ironclad warships, improved siege battle mechanics (with upgradable tower defences, each with their own speciality).
There will be whole new land and sea unit interactions, including the ability to call in offshore artillery support barrages. Coastal gun emplacements can conversely target enemy ships, bringing a new synergy to land and sea elements of gameplay. Players can even call in campaign map bombardments – bombarding armies and cities in adjacent coastal areas of the campaign map itself. It’s time to rethink your strategy…
You’ll also be able to get your hands on three new agent types: the Foreign Veteran, the Ishin Shishi and the Shinsengumi.
Depending on your pre-order preference, there are three unique playable clans to choose from.
- The Saga are staunch industrialists. Forward-thinkers in both war and politics, they have embraced the technological influence of the Western Powers, and excel with artillery weapons and modern warships to further the cause of The Emperor.
- The once-humble Tsu are artful strategists. They are skilled in swaying popular opinion to the Imperial cause and are rightly feared for their use of Ninja and assassins both on the battlefield and as agents in the campaign, there are few who can stand against the guile and cunning of such an adversary.
- Finally the Obama clan are famed for their control of power, their strength in governance and ability to influence the will of the people. Staunch defenders of their lands their people gladly suffer the burden of high taxation. Whichever of these great houses you chose, their destiny and that of all Japan lies with you!
Mulltiplayer’s also had a major overhaul, ushering in the era of “Multiplayer 2.0”. Creative Assembly will be introducing a new Conquest map, reflecting the 19th century setting, bringing with it a brand new Fall of the Samurai avatar, including:
- Over 40 new retainers
- Over 30 new armour pieces
- A new 19th century avatar skill tree
Creative Assembly will also be introducing multiple avatars for the first time, allowing players to enjoy multiple careers and progression across Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai. This huge clash of eastern culture versus western culture promises to bring with it a vast new experience for players.
More articles about Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai