Tropico 4 sees players return to the Caribbean paradise of Tropico, challenging them to turn the backwater island into a global superpower, be it through financial or forceful means! Will you play as a man of the people? Or as a jackbooted dictator with the goal of increasing your Swiss bank account? It’s up to you! New buildings, import/export features, global superpowers to deal with and much more will make El Presidente’s return to Xbox 360 an experience gamers won’t want to miss.
Tropico 4 sees you return as El Presidente, the tyrannical (or benevolent) dictator of the island paradise of Tropico. The world is changing and Tropico is moving with the times – geographical powers rise and fall and the world market is dominated by new players with new demands and offers – and you, as El Presidente, face a whole new set of challenges. If you are to triumph over your naysayers you will need to gain as much support from your people as possible. Your decisions will shape the future of your nation, and more importantly, the size of your Swiss bank account.
Tropico 4 features all new missions across new maps and includes exciting and fun new features to keep the action fresh and challenging. You can even elect ministers into power to help get your more controversial decisions passed through the government. But remember to keep your friends close and your enemies closer as everyone has an agenda!
The expansion, dubbed "Tropico 4: Modern Times," will offer players a huge variety of new challenges as El Presidente must modernize his island nation while battling sinister underground forces that threaten the future of Tropico itself in an extensive new single-player campaign. New buildings, fresh challenges, additional presidential edicts and more will all be part of Tropico 4: Modern Times when it is released in March of 2012.
Tropico 4: Modern Times will be priced at 1200 Microsoft Points / $19.99 USD when available.
- New campaign – Face 20 new challenging missions across 10 entirely new maps
- Build Your Vision of Island Perfection – Not only are the graphics enhanced, but 20 new buildings including the stock exchange, shopping mall, aqua park and a mausoleum for El Presidente allow you to craft your perfect balance of beauty and economic efficiency
- State of Emergency - Six new interactive disasters including volcanoes, droughts and tornadoes prove that Mother Nature can be a tougher adversaries than opponents bent on your political ouster
- Council of Ministers - Appoint selected citizens to ministerial posts to help push through and enact your more controversial decisions and edicts
- National Agenda – Receive objectives from Tropican factions, foreign geopolitical powers or opportunities relating to current island events that can further or hamper your dictatorial ambitions
- Facebook and Twitter integration – Post live Tweets directly from the game or create posts automatically upon completion of missions, unlocking achievements, etc. Store and display achievements and screenshots of your ultimate island empire on facebook and compare your Dictator Rankings against others online (Windows PC only feature)
More articles about Tropico 4