Using new and innovative social features such as individual in-game news feeds and live updates, players are connected to each other like never before.
The Sims 3 Showtime allows players to connect and share with their friends and fellow fans of The Sims without ever leaving the game. Players will venture into a new world and live the dream as singers, acrobats, magicians and DJs. Using the all-new SimPort feature, players can send their Sim into a friend’s game to perform in their world, book gigs in their friends’ town, go on tour, and be reviewed. Along the way, players can earn rewards for achieving goals and accomplishing special challenges that can be tracked and shared via in-game social wall posts. Players have the opportunity to post their Sims’ successes, share gameplay techniques, create wishlists and send gifts, search for new friends and share memories through their in-game news feeds and as e-cards.
Players who enjoy building can customize their Sims’ stages using props and special effects to create unique venues such as a swanky concert hall, a massive stadium or an indie club. How the stage is built will directly influence a player’s Sim’s performance and career progression. For players who love a challenge, they can earn in-game rewards and accomplish goals such as performing a legendary show in a high-level venue. For players who enjoy experimenting, an endless amount of gameplay opportunities and choices within the game provide a vast array of situations for cause-and-effect play and hilarity to ensue.
In collaboration with Perry, The Sims Studio plans to develop multiple games within The Sims franchise featuring special Katy Perry themed in-game content and virtual goods. The relationship kicks off with a special Collector’s Edition for The Sims 3 Showtime. Katy Perry will also be featured in all-new advertising and marketing campaigns for the brand.
“Today marks the start of the most integrated and exciting collaboration with any artist in the history of The Sims,” said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music for EA. “Katy Perry has been a fan of The Sims for several years, and her Simlish recording of her hit ‘Hot and Cold’ featured in The Sims™ 2 series quickly became the most popular Simlish music video to date. We couldn’t be more excited to work with Katy and bring her distinctive talents, style and personality to the franchise’s global fan base. No performer could better represent the humor and fun of The Sims brand.”
"I love how you're able to play out different stories through your Sims characters - giving them different careers and watching them succeed,” said Perry. “It’s cool to see the Sims’ stage performances in The Sims 3 Showtime decked out just like my California Dreams Tour – even my cotton candy video screens are in there! I always like to think of myself as a cartoon, and now I’m a Sim!”
Katy Perry will work closely with The Sims Studio to create accessories, clothing, hairstyles, furniture and props in The Sims games that truly celebrate the imagination that she brings to her performances, music videos and life. Katy Perry will also be featured throughout The Sims television advertising campaigns, online communications and retail marketing around the world.
Available for pre-order today, players can make their rise to fame in The Sims 3 Showtime Katy Perry Collector’s Edition. This Collector’s Edition includes The Sims 3 Showtime Expansion pack, plus downloadable content including an Ultimate Stage bonus venue, iconic Katy Perry themed items, and an exclusive poster. This iconic content includes fashions, a guitar, a hairstyle and various Katy Perry themed stage props.
- Rise to Stardom: Venture into a new world and live the dream as a singer, acrobat, magician and DJs. Watch your Sims rise to fame—or go down in flames as they perform for other Sims.
- Create New Sims: New traits and Lifetime Wishes give players more tools to tell their stories the way they want to
- A Whole New World: The new Expansion pack includes a brand new world called Starlight Shores, with new venues and new objects to hone Sims’ talent at and rise to success
- Rise to Fame: Players can build their own custom stages and see their Sims perform in sold-out arenas and in front of packed crowds
- Book or Host Gigs: Using the innovative SimPort feature, send your Sims to a friend’s game or book friend’s Sims for a gig in their game
- Be Connected: Make new friends, connect, and share your stories and experiences without ever leaving the game. Using the new individual in-game news feeds and live updates, post your Sims’ successes, share gameplay techniques, create wishlists and gifts, search for new friends and share memories.
- New Achievement System: Earn rewards for achieving goals and accomplishing special challenges that can be tracked and shared via in-game social wall posts. New achievements will be introduced on a regular basis.
The Sims 3 Showtime is currently available for pre-order. Those who pre-order now will be automatically upgraded to a special Limited Edition version, which features the Ultimate Stage venue. Players can place this fully customizable venue in their world and will be able to use it as an additional stage for their Sims to perform on, complete with in-game props, backgrounds, lights and special effects. This bonus venue is available through pre-order and while supplies last.
More articles about The Sims 3: Showtime