Global Agenda is a fast-paced massively multiplayer action game set in Earth's near future, a spy-fi world of advanced technology and player-driven conflict. Players determine which factions to aid and which to oppose.
In the wake of severe global disaster, the political face of 22nd century earth has changed. Player created factions scheme against each other for power while simultaneously opposing a totalitarian world government bent on domination. Traditional full-scale wars a thing of the past, factions must rely on covert agencies, teams of elite special operatives able to seize and defend key facilities. The future of humanity is their battleground, where knowledge is power, technology is a race, and everyone has an agenda.
The players are truly in control of Global Agenda, forging alliances with their peers and executing lightning strikes against their enemies. They determine which factions to aid and which to oppose, while the only thing that stands in their way is other agencies.
Gamers that play Global Agenda may earn experience points, in-game credits, achievements, upgrades and loot through either player-vs-player (PvP) or player-vs-environment (PvE) missions. Reinforcing the game's team-based gameplay, PvE missions feature teams of four player agents infiltrating Commonwealth facilities and working cooperatively to defeat an end boss.
Global Agenda launched on February 1, 2010 as an action combat and sci-fi alternative to more traditional fantasy MMO titles.
“Elves still exist in the MMO world”, says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios Chief Operating Officer. “Just not within our world.”
In 2011 Global Agenda transitioned to a free-to-play model, was relaunched as the very first free-to-play game on Steam and delivered the Recursive Colony expansion which included new instanced PvP, new instanced PvE, and an entirely new Open Zone.
Since launch Global Agenda has seen:
- Over 1,000,000 registered players
- Over 12,000,000 PvE missions
- Over 1,400,000 PvP missions
Anniversary Promotions Include:
- Free Limited Edition Pet - Hi-Rez Studios is enticing players new and old to join in this week’s celebration of the two-year anniversary. Any player winning an instanced PvP or PvE mission between January 30th and February 6th will receive a miniature version of the Switchblade Boss as a player Pet. NOTE: Please allow up to 24 hours for pet delivery after your win!
- PvP Tournament Reward – Hi-Rez is sponsoring player managed PvP tournaments including a recent 6v6 competition. As 2012 is the year of the dragon, all tournament participants receive a free dragon themed helmet in addition to an exclusive item and cash prize for the winning team.
- More Flair - Over 100 back-catalogue appearance and flair items from days past are returning for sale within the Dome City Burning Fashion vendor.
- Develop your agent: Create, extensively customize, and improve your agent character over the course of your career, complimenting your FPS skills with RPG-style progression and high-tech gear.
- Join with other agents: Engage in cooperative PvE missions to develop and refine your individual and team tactics
- Advance your agency: Join a player-created agency, compete in technology races for advanced equipment, and capture critical locations to increase your influence in the world.
- Compete in fast-paced PvP combat: Work with your allies to raid or capture enemy controlled facilities during objective-based missions. Equip yourself from a powerful array of weapons, armor, and strategic devices like triggered explosives, deployable turrets, stealth suits, holographic decoys, and remote control robots.
- Experience a dynamic, player-driven world: Agency leaders navigate through a global conflict of other player-run groups, striving to reach their goals first. Territory, resources, technology, and influence are all valuable commodities, with agencies engaging in politics, intrigue, and outright deception to control them.
A comparison of the features included in the non-subscription and subscription ("Conquest") portions of the game is available on the official website.
More articles about Global Agenda