Nintendo of America has a perfectly pink new option for consumers looking to win over their loved ones this Valentine’s Day. Starting Feb. 10, a Pearl Pink edition of the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system – previously available only as part of a limited-edition bundle – will be available as a stand-alone item at retailers nationwide, offered at a suggested retail price of $169.99.
In addition to free Wi-Fi access at thousands of locations across the nation, fun augmented-reality features and the ability to enjoy games and videos in 3D without the need for special glasses, Nintendo 3DS has a host of built-in social features that can keep users connected to their special someone throughout the year, plus a great lineup of games (sold separately) that lovebirds can enjoy together:
- With the system’s built-in camera, sweethearts can each use their system to capture and share 3D photos and videos of romantic outings this Valentine’s Day – and always.
- The new Swapnote™ application, which is available for download from the Nintendo eShop at no cost, lets users create and send customized 3D love notes to their sweethearts from their Nintendo 3DS.
- The adorable virtual pets in the nintendogs + catsgame can bring out players’ sweet side and make great portable companions on those lonely days when they’re apart.
- Users can share creative passion with their beloved by playing downloadable games such as Pushmo and Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive!, both available from the Nintendo eShop, and by exchanging QR codes to show off their heartfelt handiwork.
- The multiplayer modes in the Mario Kart 7 game invite players to get their hearts and their karts racing on a wild array of 3D Mario-themed courses.
More articles about Nintendo 3DS