Choose your own path and battle through a sprawling master-crafted world featuring some of the most intense, responsive, and customizable RPG combat in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
The lore of Kingdoms of Amalur spans an epic course of over 10,000 years, with Reckoning capturing a moment in this history and the tale of a singular hero capable of reshaping the fate of the world of Amalur. Every building, tree, and creature has a clear and defined history within this immersive world filled with extraordinary landscapes, mysterious cities, colorful characters, and fantastic creatures.
This mysterious and magical new fantasy world is created by New York Times bestselling author R. A. Salvatore brought to life visually through the trademark style of renowned artist and Spawn creator Todd McFarlane and developed under the leadership of Ken Rolston, lead designer of the critically acclaimed RPGs Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
Beginning at 11:30 p.m. on February 6, three GameStop stores will open their doors for eager fans who will among the first to get their copies of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning upon its release at midnight on February 7. To mark this occasion the game’s creators will make special appearances and mingle with fans as they count down to the release of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning at the following GameStop locations:
- Bellingham, MA: Curt Schilling, Founder and Chairman of 38 Studios, three-time World Series champion and life-long videogame fanatic and R.A. Salvatore, Executive Creator of Worlds and 24-time New York Times best-selling author, who crafted the rich lore and stories of the world of Amalur. Curt and R.A. will join fans at the GameStop located in the Stallbrook Marketplace, 258 Hartford Ave, Bellingham, MA 02019
- Tempe, AZ: Todd McFarlane, Spawn creator and McFarlane Toys founder, who has driven the artistic vision of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Todd will meet fans at the GameStop at the Tempe Marketplace located at 2040 E. Rio Salado Pkwy, Suite 110, Tempe, AZ 85281
- Cockeysville, MD: Ken Rolston, Internationally Celebrated Game Designer at Big Huge Games will be joined by members of the Big Huge Games development team including Lead Designer Ian Frazier, Art Director Tim Coman, Lead Combat Designer Joe Quadara, and Audio Director Grant Kirkhope. The team from Big Huge Games will join fans at the GameStop located at 10015 York Road, Suite A7, Cockeysville, MD 21030
- Intense Action Combat in an RPG – Create your own unique combat style using a dynamic combat system that delivers some of the most intense and responsive action ever found in an RPG. Seamlessly integrate magic and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills that will redefine visceral RPG combat.
- Open World RPG Design Led by Ken Rolston – Play your way through 60+ hours of riveting storyline, diverse side quests, and open-world exploration created by RPG gurus Ken Rolston (Lead Designer, Morrowind, Oblivion) and Lead Designer Ian Frazier (Titan Quest).
- Rich Fiction and Storytelling by R.A. Salvatore – Reckoning is set in the Kingdoms of Amalur universe and its 10,000 years of deep fiction created by 22-time New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore.
- Art and Action Directed by Todd McFarlane – Brought to life through the direction of renowned Spider-Man artist Todd McFarlane, creator of Spawn and Founder of Image Comics, Reckoning brings you intense action combat, hordes of gruesome enemies, and beautifully realized fantasy vistas.
- hoose Your Destiny – Create your character from dozens of unique skills and abilities, and further customize it as Reckoning's revolutionary new Destiny System unlocks powerful new Destinies based on how you choose to play. Millions of combinations including skills, weapons and armor allow you complete the character that looks and plays the way you've always hoped.
More articles about Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning