Dragon’s Dogma introduces an innovative team system to the genre. Known as Pawns, these three AI partners fight independently, demonstrating prowess and ability they have developed based on traits learned over time from the player and their actions. By utilizing the Xbox Live online entertainment network or PlayStation Network, players will journey to the Rift where they can share their own Pawns with friends and be rewarded with treasure, knowledge of the world and strategies for taking down enemies. Conversely, players can borrow friends’ Pawns with the specific skills or experience required to tackle a particular quest. In addition, Dragon’s Dogma will ship with thousands of ready-made Pawns for players to pick their allies offline.
Retail versions of Dragon’s Dogma will contain a redeemable token that will allow owners to download the Resident Evil 6 demo. Purchasers of the Xbox 360 version of Dragon’s Dogma will be able to redeem this token and download the Resident Evil 6 demo globally on the Xbox Live Marketplace, 60 days earlier than any other platform starting on July 3. The demo for owners of the PS3 version of Dragon’s Dogma will go live on the PlayStation Store on Sept. 4 in North America and Japan and Sept. 5 in Europe.
For those wishing to reserve their day one copy of Dragon’s Dogma, the following pre-order initiatives will be available:
- GameStop is offering the ‘Pawn Upgrade Pack’ which will give players additional Rift Crystals allowing them to rent higher level experience Pawns from the outset.
- The ‘Armor Upgrade Pack’ offered through Best Buy
- ‘Weapon Upgrade Pack’ from Amazon.com will deliver higher level armour and weapons respectively giving players a real advantage when tackling the toughest of enemies.
Furthermore, Capcom will be supporting Dragon’s Dogma post launch with a comprehensive suite of downloadable content including additional quests as well as weapon and armour upgrades.
- Highly Stylized Action Combat – The creators of this game were responsible for the action hits – Resident Evil 4 and Devil May Cry 4.
- Fight With Ability – The soul of combat comes down to how the game is played, where you strike the enemy, and how you react to their attacks.
- Accessible Depth – Bringing an unprecedented level of depth to the action genre, every decision has an effect on gameplay in an intuitive way that does not require micromanagement. The weight of your weapon, the material of your armor – even the length of your legs – plays a role in how you fight your battles, but does not interrupt the flow of the action.
- Epic Adventure – Dragon’s Dogma is built from the ground up as an action experience for consoles with a continuous, epic storyline that stands alone in style, scope and substance.
- Open World – Utilizing Capcom’s proprietary MT Framework engine and the groundbreaking graphical styles and lighting effects used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, Dragon’s Dogma expands the environment to create a vast, richly detailed world, ripe for exploration.
- A Rich Population – In addition to interacting with hundreds of fully voiced NPCs, you’ll be able to fight a large variety of creatures, from goblins to griffins and dragons. Each enemy requires a different strategy and provides a unique experience.
More articles about Dragon's Dogma