The game support two distinctive fight styles, Player is able to choose between quick style and hard style. The first one will focus on speed attack and combos while the other is more about defense.
When the player reaches over drive mode, their character might get an extra increase in speed or defense. Every attack the player release can cancel out their enemy's attack and raise their tension gauge, timing it right will maximize the player's gauge to boost their attack power.
There is a total of 14 playable characters in the game.
- Mikoto: a 19-year-old college violinist. Her weapon is a large, two-handed sword named Maestro.
- Mei: a 14-year-old idol. Her weapon is a magical wand called Candy.
- Yuzuha: a high school girl, who is also a ninja-in-training from the Bakufu era. Her weapons are Shoukaku and Zuikaku — a ninja blade, and a kunai.
- Waka: a descendent of the miko (a family of exorcists that have had some dealings with Phantom in the past). She fights with Kahoutou, her naginata, to stop the duels.
- Ren: one of the few males in this contest. He’s fighting to cure his little sister of an incurable disease. He fights with a gauntlet named Koutarou.
- Eimu ( or simply M): has no memories and fights only to satisfy her lust for battles. Her weapon of choice is a mace made of scrap materials, named Humongous.
- Itsuki: doesn’t know much of the world and have a gentle personality but a strong sense of justice. She beats opponents over the head with her battle hammer, Maggie.
- Ria: finds out that one of the other combatants in Phantom Breaker killed her mother, and she’s on a quest for revenge. She fights with two blades called Aldina.
- Tokiy: is the other male main character in this game. He’s the CEO of a pharmaceutical company and he’s fighting in order to resurrect his parents, who were assassinated fifteen years ago. He uses a long sword named Setsuna.
- Cocoa: got bored with the real world and modified her body into an idealized version, based on a video game she liked. Her occupation is cosplaying. She fights with a giant claw called Kusenia’s Claw.
- Rimi Sakihata (guest character from Chaos;Head Noah): an Esper who can conjur whatever she imagines. She does not possess a known weapon.
- Kurisu Makise (guest character from Steins Gate): a genius who graduated early from an American university and helps out in a circle that develops strange inventions. She uses these strange inventions in gameplay.
- Fin: a 9-year old time-traveler from the future who is part of the organization “Schrodinger”. She’s accompanied by a droid named Mauchuu. Her weapons are all-purpose laser guns named JJ Apple.
- Infinity: who is not a main character but the bodyguard to the mysterious Phantom. He fights using telekinesis.
More articles about Phantom Breaker