Using new and innovative social features such as individual in-game news feeds and live updates, players are connected to each other like never before.
The Sims 3 Showtime allows players to connect and share with their friends and fellow fans of The Sims without ever leaving the game. Players will venture into a new world and live the dream as singers, acrobats, magicians and DJs. Using the all-new SimPort feature, players can send their Sim into a friend’s game to perform in their world, book gigs in their friends’ town, go on tour, and be reviewed. Along the way, players can earn rewards for achieving goals and accomplishing special challenges that can be tracked and shared via in-game social wall posts. Players have the opportunity to post their Sims’ successes, share gameplay techniques, create wishlists and send gifts, search for new friends and share memories through their in-game news feeds and as e-cards.
Players who enjoy building can customize their Sims’ stages using props and special effects to create unique venues such as a swanky concert hall, a massive stadium or an indie club. How the stage is built will directly influence a player’s Sim’s performance and career progression. For players who love a challenge, they can earn in-game rewards and accomplish goals such as performing a legendary show in a high-level venue. For players who enjoy experimenting, an endless amount of gameplay opportunities and choices within the game provide a vast array of situations for cause-and-effect play and hilarity to ensue.
As a magician, your Sim begins their career on the streets performing magic tricks for tips. They’ll visit new venues and meet with the owners to book larger gigs and gain experience. Magicians have unique social interactions that give them the ability to perform small-scale tricks on other Sims such as pulling a coin from an ear and making butterflies and doves magically appear. As magicians level up, they acquire new objects that can be used on-stage. For some magical fun, your Sims can use the Box of Mystery to perform the “swords of destiny” by carefully placing knives through the box without stabbing the Sim inside. Beware the Box of Danger! If a Sim fails at correctly executing their tricks with this object, death may come calling.
Singers are unique in the game as they can accept paying jobs such as performing singing telegrams to gain experience. Singing telegrams are also a social feature, and the types of jobs your Sims will receive will directly correlate to the happenings around town. If a Sim in town has just lost their job, cheer them up. If it’s a Sim’s birthday, sing them a song. Like the other careers, singers can also take their talents to the public performing for tips in parks and local hang-outs. As singers progress, stage props, costumes and new songs will be unlocked to help them look the part and sing a variety of tunes. Singers will want to make it to the top to star in their very own big venue concert.
In addition, all careers – acrobat, magician and singer –will unlock special objects and outfits directly relating to that career. All outfits can be customised in Create a Sim to match the look of the venue and stage for your Sim’s performance. Also, all careers are able to participate in SimFest – a giant talent show for acrobats, magicians and singers to compete against one another in town. For Sims who particularly love a challenge, a new dual interaction is available in-game for Sims to compete against one another outside of SimFest.
- Rise to Stardom: Venture into a new world and live the dream as a singer, acrobat, magician and DJs. Watch your Sims rise to fame—or go down in flames as they perform for other Sims.
- Create New Sims: New traits and Lifetime Wishes give players more tools to tell their stories the way they want to
- A Whole New World: The new Expansion pack includes a brand new world called Starlight Shores, with new venues and new objects to hone Sims’ talent at and rise to success
- Rise to Fame: Players can build their own custom stages and see their Sims perform in sold-out arenas and in front of packed crowds
- Book or Host Gigs: Using the innovative SimPort feature, send your Sims to a friend’s game or book friend’s Sims for a gig in their game
- Be Connected: Make new friends, connect, and share your stories and experiences without ever leaving the game. Using the new individual in-game news feeds and live updates, post your Sims’ successes, share gameplay techniques, create wishlists and gifts, search for new friends and share memories.
- New Achievement System: Earn rewards for achieving goals and accomplishing special challenges that can be tracked and shared via in-game social wall posts. New achievements will be introduced on a regular basis.
The Sims 3 Showtime is currently available for pre-order. Those who pre-order now will be automatically upgraded to a special Limited Edition version, which features the Ultimate Stage venue. Players can place this fully customizable venue in their world and will be able to use it as an additional stage for their Sims to perform on, complete with in-game props, backgrounds, lights and special effects. This bonus venue is available through pre-order and while supplies last.
More articles about The Sims 3: Showtime