Boston Red Sox All-Star first baseman Adrian Gonzalez will be the cover athlete for MLB 12 The Show.
A candidate for this year’s America League Most Valuable Player (MVP) Award, Gonzalez is a four-time All-Star (2008-2011), three-time Rawlings Gold Glove winner (2008, 2009, 2011), and 2011 Silver Slugger Award winner.
The first overall pick by the Florida Marlins in the 2000 MLB Draft, Gonzalez has really come in his own, both on the field and at the plate. A little history on him…in 2010 while playing for the San Diego Padres, he was named team MVP for the third consecutive year and fourth time overall. Then after the blockbuster trade that sent him to the Boston Red Sox last offseason, he enjoyed one of his best professional seasons to date, which included his 1,000 career hit, fourth consecutive All-Star selection, third Gold Glove, first Silver Slugger Award, and a top five finish in batting average (.338) and RBI (117) in all of baseball—not too bad!
Every year SCEA tries to assemble a diverse and entertaining soundtrack for MLB The Show, looking to create a balance of established bands and some lesser known, up and coming artists, that offer great music. Music is subjective and it can be tough to create a soundtrack with songs that everybody loves, which is one reason why SCEA offers the “My MLB Music” in its “Sounds of the Show” suite of features – so without further adieu, here’s a look at the MLB 12 soundtrack, including the artists, tracks, and websites to find more info about the artists.
- “Gold on the Ceiling”: Performed by The Black Keys
- “Zed and Two Naughts”: Performed by The Mars Volta
- “New Lands”: Performed by Justice
- “Into the Sun”: Performed by The Parlor Mob
- “Devil Is a Lady”: Performed by The Chain Gang of 1974
- “No Love”: Performed by Hooray for Earth
- “Learn My Lesson”: Performed by The Sheepdogs
- “Struck Dumb”: Performed by The Futureheads
- “U Got the Look”: Performed by JEFF the Brotherhood
- “She’s Enough”: Performed by Atmosphere
More articles about MLB 12: The Show