Based on Nathan Jurevicius’ Scarygirl graphic novel – winner of the 2009 Aurealis Award for Best Illustrated Book/Graphic novel – Scarygirl presents a wondrous adventure into a distinctive and beautifully bizarre world. The titular character Scarygirl is an abandoned child with a tentacle arm who dresses like a pirate, and is haunted by a strange man in her dreams. She sets out into the world to discover the meaning behind her bad dreams, but Scarygirl is hardly helpless, as she has a tentacle-powered arsenal up her sleeve.
During her adventure, Scarygirl will be aided by her friends and guardians from the graphic novel, Blister the giant octopus and Bunniguru the mystical, kung-fu rabbit. Her friends and an ever-improving arsenal of combat moves will help her face down enemies like the adorably deadly hedgehogs of the Owl Woods, the violent Goat Clan along the Old Man Mountains, Hairclump spiders deep in the Stinky Swamp, and the most enemiest enemies of all: the clueless crossing guards around Bad Town!
“The Scarygirl graphic novel has a fanbase full of mature gamers who appreciate artistically-imaginative games” said Alex Tikhman, Co-Founder and VP of Publishing & Business Development for TikGames. “And thanks to our work with Nathan and his uniquely surreal art, our downloadable game is going to be one of the most visually appealing downloadable games out there, not to mention a whole lot of fun to play.”
- Surreal Art by Nathan Jurevicius:, Scarygirl’s surreal landscape and creatures are eerily fantastical, created by a critically-acclaimed, award-winning artist
- Scarygirl & Friends: To call them a colorful cast & crew would be an understatement. Each character, friend or foe, is both curiously wonderful and disturbingly strange at the same time
- Co-Op: While one player controls Scarygirl, a second can bring Bunniguru’s furious “fists of blurry” into the fray at any time. This offline co-operative feature allows the two characters to team up in combo attacks and helpful moves, like Bunniguru transforming into a floating “hook” for Scarygirl to swing from using her tentacle. Each character plays as differently as they look
- New Moves & Upgrades: As she meets traveling vendors, Scarygirl can grow beyond her standard “whip” attack using her tentacle by purchasing new moves, like an uppercut, the “anaconda squeeze,” the “bam bam,” and more. If she’s feeling a little faint, she can buy extra hearts to increase her overall health
- Spirit Mode: At times, Scarygirl will enter a twisted, shadowy version of the world that gives her alternate attacks, allowing her to unleash her truly wicked side
More articles about Scarygirl