Starting today, hardcore players looking to show off their skills next month can get a head start by opening an account at DEWXP.com or DORITOSXP.com where they'll be able to unlock and load future XP matches that can be redeemed to amplify the multi-player experience, accelerate Halo 4 specializations, and reveal ultra-new gear and weapons. In addition to being able to customize armor permutations, for the first time in Halo history, players will be able to preselect their arsenal before entering the gaming landscape and customize their armor because for Halo fans, it's not just about scoring the gear in the game, but creating the gear you want.
"Halo fans have an unrivaled passion, especially when it comes to multiplayer competition," said Bonnie Ross, General Manager, 343 Industries. "We're excited to work with Mountain Dew and DORITOS to reward that enthusiasm with the biggest Double XP program ever."
"The gaming community is expecting a lot from HALO 4, and the involvement of the Mountain Dew and DORITOS brands adds another layer of excitement," said video game expert, Geoff Keighley. "Double XP will amplify the multi-player experience and prepare fans for their Spartan-IV career online."
Fans aren't just rejoicing the return of Double XP. Introduced in 2007, in conjunction with the launch of Halo 3, tried-and-true gamer favorite Mountain Dew Game Fuel – DEW with a blast of citrus cherry flavor – will hit shelves later this month and will be available for a limited time, giving players across the country plenty of time to stock their fridges in time for November.
For gaming gurus to reap the benefits of Double XP, all it takes is four easy steps:
- Register at DEWXP.com or DORITOSXP.com.
- Pick up specially-marked packages of DEW and bags of DORITOS chips.
- Enter the on-pack codes to your account, as of October 15, 2012, at DEWXP.com or DORITOSXP.com to load up on matches of Double XP.
- Pick up Halo 4 on November 6 and begin pushing Double XP matches to your Xbox LIVE Gamer tag via DEWXP.com or DORITOSXP.com.
In addition, Double XP value is unlocked when DEW and DORITOS chips are purchased together.
- Unlock and load Mega XP at Walmart – specially-marked 24-packs of DEW and 10 ½ or 11 ½ oz. bags of DORITOS chips will offer Mega XP – 12 matches of Double XP. Also, for a limited time, Halo 4 games sold at Walmart will include an insert with a unique code. Pair that unique code with the Double XP codes found on a 24-pack of DEW and specially-marked 10 ½ or 11 ½ oz. bags of DORITOS chips and unlock a total of 38 matches of Double XP.
- Beginning in late-October, unlock Double XP matches, Halo 4 game content, and badges at any 7-11 nationwide with an exclusive 'King of the Hill' mobile app and the purchase of DEW and DORITOS chips.
"Gaming is in the DNA of DEW Nation," said Brett O'Brien, Vice President of Marketing for Mountain Dew. "We know gamers bring an awesome amount of passion to DEW, and we're excited to help them level-up their Halo experience like never before thanks to Double XP."
"The DORITOS brand is all about fueling bold experiences – look no further than our legacy in gaming," said Ram Krishnan, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay North America. "From letting our fans have the opportunity to work alongside Microsoft developers to create their own epic video games to partnering with the biggest games of the year, like Halo 4, DORITOS knows its consumers live for the game and we're all about taking it to the next level.
More articles about Halo 4