You think Tower Defense games are all about building? You thought wrong. Sanctum is not your average Tower Defense title. When the havoc starts, you get to join the fray!
Sanctum is a fresh take on the tower defense genre and places the player right into the frenetic fray with tight first-person shooter gameplay mechanics. Gamers take the role as Skye, an elite soldier sent out to protect her home town, Elysion One, from hordes of mysterious alien creatures. To successfully defend your land, you must construct and upgrade a labyrinth of defensive structures and towers. When the havoc starts and the wave of baddies is unleashed, you jump right into the action with your own fully-upgradeable weapons and play a key role in the defense.
This weekend, from October 11th through 14th, Sanctum will be free to play on Steam, meaning that anyone who's been on the fence can now check out all of the sci-fi tower defense FPS action for free.
Additionally, both the base game and the Sanctum Collection, which bundles the original game, both map packs, and the official soundtrack together in one package, will be available at a 75% discount. As a perk for those who've already purchased Sanctum, the DLC packs will be available separately at a 20% discount over the weekend.
- 4-player co-op support; why double the trouble when you can quadruple it?
- 5 fancy, physically-improbable Weapons!
- 4 Challenging Game Modes
- Don’t just build towers. Build mazes!
- Your way or the highway! Our Customization System lets you have it all.
- Powered by Unreal, Sanctum is one of the pin-up girls of the indie games.
- 87 Achievements
- Hidden Secrets & Easter Eggs. Have meta with your metal!
More articles about Sanctum