Utilizing the free-to-play model, Spartacus Legends offers gamers an opportunity to jump into an accessible fighting game. The game ensures that competitive play stays fair through a fame system; the higher-tier the equipment that is available for purchase, the more fame that is necessary to use that equipment.
Featuring thousands of ruthless weapon and gear combinations and a robust skill system, Spartacus Legends delivers a variety of tools for gamers to customize their gladiators and dismember their foes. Gamers will be able to fight as Spartacus, Crixus or one of their own created gladiators as they battle with a friend offline or in online multiplayer to join the ranks on the worldwide leaderboards.
The Spartacus Gear of Legends community contest, allowing gamers and show fans to design items that will be voted on and put into the Spartacus Legends video game. The contest presents a unique opportunity for fans to not only decide on their favorite design, but for a gamer’s work to be integrated into a console game.
Held on the Spartacus Facebook Page, the Spartacus Gear of Legends contest will open in two separate phases—one for weapon submissions and another for armor submissions. Gamers and fans will be able to submit designs that will be voted on by the community. One winning design will be chosen from each category and be integrated into the upcoming fighting game. Liam McIntyre, who plays Spartacus on the Starz original series, and show creator Steven De Knight will both assist in choosing the winning designs.
- Intense Visceral Combat: Partake in some of the most brutal, action packed battles ever put in a videogame, where you will fight and DIE for the honor of your Lanista.
- Online & Couch Multiplayer: Climb the ranks of the online leaderboards by beating your friends, your enemies & the best players in the world.
- Weapon & Gear Customization: Upgrade your gladiators with the most ruthless weaponry in the world, to take on the opposition and unleash madness.
- Lanista “Manager Like” Gameplay: Train your gladiators with over 8 different fighting styles & choose from thousands of weapon combinations to build the ultimate warriors.
- Play 4 Free: Experience all of the world-class combat of Spartacus for Free! Simply download the game and get into the action. With our micro-transaction model, you choose the destiny of your Ludus and the eternal glory of your gladiator.
- Weekly Challenges: Experience iconic weekly challenges for a chance to get on the global leaderboards and showcase your skills to everyone in the world.
- World of Gladiators: Immerse yourself in the world of Gladiators and battle in some of the greatest arenas of all time.
“Spartacus: War of the Damned,” is scheduled to air on STARZ in January 2013. The upcoming final season takes place following the defeat of Roman commander Gaius Claudius Glaber. Spartacus and his men have amassed major victories against the Romans after the Battle of Vesuvius. These victories have not only forged the legend of Spartacus, but have greatly increased the ranks of the rebellion slaves to more than 30,000. Rome is indeed beginning to tremble at the threat Spartacus now represents. The “Spartacus” franchise (“Blood and Sand,” “Gods of the Arena,” “Vengeance”) airs in more than 150 countries and has been translated into 15 languages. In the United States, viewership for the show has grown with each season, and is one of the highest rated cables series, with more than six million viewers watching each episode.
More articles about Spartacus Legends