The two-for-one priced combo breathes new life into each game with a slew of features including robust GGPO-enabled online game play, HD graphical filtering with multiple viewing options, replay sharing, Spectator Mode, in-game achievements, Challenge/Tutorial Mode and an un-lockable vault filled with concept artwork, videos and more.
Players who want to face-off against their friends online are able to with GGPO-enabled online game play that helps create a virtually lag-free fighting game experience. Building upon the online system previously introduced in Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition and Marvel vs. Capcom Origins, online game play now includes upgraded matchmaking with additional options such as region matching, ping lock and ping display.
While taking a break from competition, players have replay sharing and Challenge Mode at their disposal to help them hone their fighting game skills. Replays can be uploaded to the game’s match server or directly to YouTube. The Challenge/Tutorial Mode contains trials to help players deepen their knowledge of the characters and their specific strategies. For those that prefer to learn from watching other people play, Spectator Mode and “Watch With Friends” allows players to watch games either live online or saved from previous matches. Players can discuss both live and saved games in real time.
- Both Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge and Darkstalkers 3 are faithful to the original arcade release of the games.
- The games can be played with a variety of HD filtering options along with several viewing modes ranging from full screen to over the shoulder arcade mode for those who want to re-live the classic arcade experience.
- GGPO-enabled online game play helps create a virtually lag-free fighting game experience that now includes upgraded matchmaking, with additional options such as region matching, ping lock and ping display.
- Players will be able to save replays of their match and upload it to either the game’s match server or directly to YouTube.
- Players waiting for their turn to fight will be able to participate by viewing and discussing ongoing matches with Spectator Mode. “Watch With Friends” mode allows players in a private room to download or stream matches, where they can provide comments and discuss in real time.
- Challenge/Tutorial Mode features in-depth tutorials that teach useful strategies for each character. When challenges are successfully accomplished, during Challenge/Tutorial Mode or during regular game play, points are earned which can be redeemed to unlock vault items such as concept artwork, videos and more.
Darkstalkers Resurrection will be available to download on PlayStation Network ($14.99) and Xbox Live Arcade (1200 Microsoft Points).
More articles about Darkstalkers Resurrection