Featuring new graphics technology that drives stunning cinematic action, Treyarch’s new creation delivers an epic single-player campaign including branching storylines and non-linear missions, a re-imagined multiplayer and the most diverse and biggest zombies experience ever.
Activision announced that all of its Call of Duty Elite service features for Call of Duty: Black Ops II will be free when the blockbuster game hits worldwide on November 13. With Call of Duty Elite free for Call of Duty: Black Ops II, both new and veteran Call of Duty Elite members alike will be able to enjoy the full range of Call of Duty Elite's robust service and features integrated into the highly-anticipated new game in development by award-winning studio Treyarch.
"We've learned a lot in our first year of Call of Duty Elite, and we're very proud that we over delivered on our commitment of playable content to our premium members," said Activision Publishing CEO, Eric Hirshberg. "What we have realized is that several of the Call of Duty Elite services which are currently only available to our premium members for Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 are things that would further unite, engage and delight our player community. So we are going to make them free for Call of Duty: Black Ops II."
Activision will be selling four epic new Call of Duty: Black Ops II Downloadable Content Map Packs both á la carte and through the introduction of the Call of Duty: Black Ops II Season Pass. The four Call of Duty: Black Ops II DLC Map Packs will be available first on Xbox Live (currently scheduled for 2013) and deliver a variety of new Multiplayer and Zombies playable content. The Season Pass will deliver all four Call of Duty: Black Ops II DLC Map Packs at a discounted suggested retail price of 4000 Microsoft Points ($49.99 on Xbox LIVE Marketplace (discount based on four DLC Map Packs at a suggested retail price of 1200 Microsoft Points ($15) each). Season Pass pre-orders are now available at select retail outlets, including GameStop. Season Pass and DLC Map Packs may not be available on all gaming platforms. Pricing and release dates may vary by platform. All Call of Duty Elite features and availability are subject to change. Further details regarding the 2013 calendar of Call of Duty: Black Ops II DLC Map Packs will be made available at a later date.
Hirshberg continued, "For Call of Duty: Black Ops II, DLC Map Packs will be a separate offering from Call of Duty Elite. The Season Pass will be a great way to acquire all four Map Packs at a discount, but if our fans would rather take it one Map Pack at a time, then we'll offer each pack á la carte for anyone who wants it. What we aren't doing is requiring a paid membership to access the great player services for Call of Duty: Black Ops II and we're thrilled to offer all of Elite's Call of Duty: Black Ops II features to players for free."
As a free service for Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the Call of Duty Elite platform will continue to evolve as the definitive Call of Duty headquarters, with the inclusion of new and enhanced features such as:
- Player HQ - Track Call of Duty: Black Ops II performance with rich game statistics, including enhanced match information such as heat maps and recent match data; track challenges and extensively modify your classes like never before using Treyarch's new Pick 10 Create-a-Class system.
- Clan HQ - Join an existing clan or start your own, invite friends and then take part in Call of Duty: Black Ops II clan competitions with cool digital prizing.
- Zombies Support - For the millions of Zombies fans out there, now you can track your Zombies personal statistics and compare it to other players' around the world.
- Call of Duty Elite TV - Launching with tablet support with Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the new Call of Duty Elite TV will deliver a renewed community focus featuring developer tips and strategy programming, custom class overviews and more.
- Social Sharing and Notifications - With Call of Duty Elite's new notification system, you can stay updated with what is going on in Call of Duty: Black Ops II, as well as communicate directly with your clan.
More articles about Call Of Duty: Black Ops II