An episodic story in the spirit of Dexter and Heavy Rain, Cognition stars Erica Reed, an FBI agent in Boston, Massachusetts, who lost her brother years ago to a serial killer who was never caught.
In the high-stress hunt to save him, she began developing the strange and uncontrolled power of post-cognition: by touching an object, she can see its past, events that happened on, to, or around it. When she comes across a crime scene that has clues that were left specifically for someone with her abilities, a new hunt is on. Who knows her secret? How? And what do they want from her?
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller is now available for pre-order on Rain, GamersGate and GameStop at the discounted price of $24.99. Fans who pre-order will not only gain access to each of the four episodes as they are released (a $40 value), but will also receive digital copies of an exclusive prequel comic and the full soundtrack for the first episode, “The Hangman”.
Following the launch of the game, individual episodes will also be available for purchase for $9.99, and the Season Pass will be available as a package with the prequel comic for $29.99. The e-comic and soundtrack will also be available for individual purchase following release.
- Engrossing, Episodic Narrative – As a fully narrative driven game, Erica’s story is rife with intrigue and suspense over four episodes of thrilling mystery. Supported by voiced narration, this story is truly engaging.
- Fully-Realized Characters – A very talented cast of voice actors helps round out diverse characters with complex motivations. Each new character makes the game that much more dynamic.
- Mind-Bending Challenges – This game is easy to pick up play, but it certainly doesn’t skimp out on the challenging aspects of puzzling. Uncovering clues and putting pieces together make for a trial of one’s intuition and savvy.
- Stunning Art – The breath-taking, hand-drawn art evokes the mood of the narrative. Intrinsic to the atmosphere of the game, dark hues paint gruesome scenes vividly.
- Your Choices Matter – Each puzzle and situation has several different ways to be completed and solved, which ensures different paths for Erica to take to solve the mystery.
More articles about Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller