Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, embarks upon a quest to restore mankind, and redeem his brother’s name. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that there are far worse things than an earthly Apocalypse, and that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation . . . Can Death really become mankind’s savior?
This epic journey propels Death through various light and dark realms as he tries to redeem his brother WAR, the horseman who was blamed for prematurely starting the Apocalypse in Darksiders.
Featuring a dramatically larger world, full weapon and armor upgrade systems as well as bigger and more challenging dungeons and vast array of new enemies and bosses, Darksiders II strives to improve on every aspect of the original hit.
The Abyssal Forge is a living machine designed to harness the unfocussed dark power of the Abyss and create the most powerful legendary weapons. The Maker who built this abomination, known only as the Mad Smith, was shunned by his own people and sealed away in the Shadow Lands with his creation. However, the forge hasn’t remained dormant all those years of captivity; it has constructed a vast army and now threatens all creation.
The vast swamp-like Shadow Lands added by this DLC is a new gameplay zone with an entirely new visual look, including two challenging new dungeons, new enemies to best, secrets to uncover and unique legendary loot to collect. Tailored towards the most competent Darksiders II players, the Abyssal Forge will test your metal against the hardest enemies and puzzles yet.
The Abyssal Forge is available to download on X360 and PC worldwide as well as PS3 in North America on Tuesday Oct. 30. The European PS3 version will go live the next day on Wednesday Oct. 31. This DLC will be priced at 800 MS Points / $9.99.
- Play Death – Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven or Hell.
- Epic Universe – Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad.
- Player Choice & Customization – Thousands of weapon and armor items, three diverse specialisations, along with customizable Harbinger & Necromancer Skill Trees allow players to create their own Death.
- Replay-ability – Side quests, vast open world, endless equipment combinations, Skill Tree customization and leveling system offer compelling reasons to play through Darksiders II again and again.
- Traversal – Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before..
The Wii U version of Darksiders II will take advantage of Nintendo’s innovative new hardware with implemented functionality for the revolutionary controller.
More articles about Darksiders II