Personal memories can now be digitized, bought, sold and traded. The last remnants of privacy and intimacy have been swept away in what appears to be a logical progression of the explosive growth of social networks at the beginning of the 21st century. The citizens themselves have accepted this surveillance society in exchange for the comfort only smart technology can provide. This memory economy gives immense power over society to just a handful of people.
The authorities, fearful of her knowledge and capabilities have arrested Nilin and wiped her memory clean. After her escape from prison, Nilin sets out on a mission to recover her identity, helped by her last and only friend. This search for her past leads to her being hunted by the very people that created this surveillance society. During the course of the story, Nilin will start remembering who she was and re-learning all the fighting moves that made her one of the world’s leading memory hunters.
Capcom is offering the chance for people across the globe to have their creations and personal images incorporated into the retail version of Remember Me with the launch of two different initiatives.
Already underway is the opportunity for designers and creative thinkers with an eye for future trends to design a billboard advertisement that would be placed in the world of Remember Me to form part of the vibrant backdrop of Neo-Paris. By visiting Adverts in 2084 contestants can view the advertising briefs for five fictional companies. Having selected one of these companies they will then be tasked with creating a billboard that promotes that brand to the citizens of Neo-Paris.
The second initiative, commencing on October 25th and running until November 29th, asks people to submit images of their most cherished memories along with a short description of why this moment was so important to them. Images would then be chosen at random to be incorporated into the Memory Overload sequences, a result of successful completion of one of Nilin’s signature attacks. Full details of this promotion will follow soon on the Remember Me Facebook page.
- Speculative, stunning vision of our future - Discover Neo-Paris 2084, where augmented reality and memory digitization have taken control of people’s lives.
- Play as Nilin, an elite memory hunter with a clouded past - Become the most wanted memory hunter in Neo-Paris and experience the power to break into people’s minds to steal their memories. Gain the information you need directly from people’s heads, to complete your missions and recover your own memory.
- Memory Remix - This innovative new gameplay mechanic allows players to use Nilin’s powers and alter parts of people’s memories in real-time gameplay. This will change characters’ complete perspective on their self-image and the people around them, which can have grave consequences for the world in 2084.
- A balanced mix of combat and exploration - Fight your way through the different environments Neo-Paris has to offer, using Nilin’s proficiency in martial arts, as both hunter and prey!
- Combo Lab – Remember Me will allow players to fully customize the combos Nilin uses during the game. Players can adjust combos on the fly to suit every situation.
More articles about Remember Me