The War Z is an online, multiplayer, survival-simulation game set in an open world infested with zombies. Players are thrust into this post-apocalyptic world five-years after a viral outbreak that ravaged the human population and left, in its wake, a nightmare of epic proportion.
The wait is nearly over for the 1 million registered anxious survivors waiting to face zombie hordes and other players as they explore “Colorado,” the first world in The War Z.
Arktos Entertainment Group and Hammerpoint Interactive announced that the closed beta for TWZ will begin on October 31, 2012, with two early purchase packages that will see players accessing the online, multiplayer, survival-simulation game as soon as October 15. The two purchase options will be discounted for a limited time and are as follows:
- Price: $19.50 USD through October 20, 2012 ($29.99 USD thereafter)
- Game Access: October 31, 2012
- Price: $29.99 USD through October 20, 2012 ($49.99 USD thereafter)
- Game Access: October 15, 2012 (special early Alpha access)
- Bonuses: The package includes $15 of in-game currency, special forum badge identifying player as an early, pioneer community member, and one-month of “Stronghold” map server hosting to create a unique world within the game.
“We’ve been working non-stop to tweak and balance the game to where we feel comfortable beginning to bring more players in,” said Sergey Titov, executive producer for The War Z. “We are now at that point, but this is where the real work begins. We want to work with our players to build and add additional features, remove those that they don’t like and continue to evolve The War Z to be the best zombie survival-sim available.”
More articles about Infestation: Survivor