Joe Danger has been massively expanded for Joe Danger 2: The Movie. Players take the world's most determined stuntman across 100 scenes, spanning up to 40 hours of gameplay. The game offers over 20 vehicles in an ambitious attempt to film the greatest action movie ever made!
We’ve gone back and added all the cool new things from Joe Danger 2, like Pro Medals, Ghosts, new leaderboards and hidden challenges where you become a monkey on a jetpack!
All the levels use the scrambler from the original, which isn’t normally in Joe Danger 2. You play as Team Nasty (Joe’s rivals), and each one of the 5 members gets their own tour with 5 levels each! It starts out easy, but it really does get intense!
It is set in the Motion Capture lab from Joe Danger 2. This is a pure, abstract environment, and is where we develop all our levels and experiment (we use the grid markings to make the levels flow perfectly). It allows you to focus on the challenge!
“This is a homecoming for Joe Danger. The original was a best-selling title on PS3, and we're so happy to finally be able to announce his return” said Hello Games founder Sean Murray. “Hello Games owes everything to PlayStation fans, and we can't wait for them to get their hands on Joe Danger 2.”
“For the PlayStation version we're taken the time to add even more content. We want it to be perfect” Murray added. “We're adding over 10 hours of exclusive content, and I think it's something that true fans of the purity of the original will love."
Hello Games has added extra content to the PS3 version, such as:
- Replays and Youtube Support: What’s the point of being the World’s Greatest Stuntman, if you can’t show your friends? Now you can save, playback and upload to youtube your greatest stunt spectaculars.
- Developer Picks: On Joe Danger 2, you can share your own levels globally online. As well as all the extra content in Joe Danger 2, we’re also getting ready some exclusive developer levels which will be ready on launch day!
- Custom Soundtracks: We love the Joe Danger music, but we think we’ve heard it a few too many times now. Personally we like to listen to eighties rock, while we take over the leaderboards.
- Level Editing: The Sandbox was one of our most popular features. Now that you can share your levels across the globe, we wanted to make the Level Editor even more powerful. Every Friday we’ll be picking the 5 best user levels, and highlighting them on our front page.
- Unlocking Joe Danger: If you own the original Joe Danger, then you’ll unlock the original Joe and his bike for Joe Danger 2. Then you can play the entire game as him if you want!
- Downloadable Tours: On PlayStation 3 we’ve created an area which allows us to release new Downloadable content straight into your game. This is where you’ll find “Joe Danger Gaiden”! We already have another pack planned in the next month…
- Lots More: We’ve tried to make everything just a little bit better, from big things like how the leaderboards work, to little things like making one annoying sound a little quieter. If someone has noticed it, we’ve tried to fix it.
- Hidden Stuff: We couldn’t resist putting in some surprises for people who have already played Joe Danger to death. Especially if you 100% completed the game, or think you have gotten all the Pro Medals, you might want to have a another look.
Joe Danger 2: The Movie will be available on PSN for $14.99.
More articles about Joe Danger 2: The Movie