An episodic story in the spirit of Dexter and Heavy Rain, Cognition stars Erica Reed, an FBI agent in Boston, Massachusetts, who lost her brother years ago to a serial killer who was never caught.
In the high-stress hunt to save him, she began developing the strange and uncontrolled power of post-cognition: by touching an object, she can see its past, events that happened on, to, or around it. When she comes across a crime scene that has clues that were left specifically for someone with her abilities, a new hunt is on. Who knows her secret? How? And what do they want from her?
- Engrossing, Episodic Narrative – As a fully narrative driven game, Erica’s story is rife with intrigue and suspense over four episodes of thrilling mystery. Supported by voiced narration, this story is truly engaging.
- Fully-Realized Characters – A very talented cast of voice actors helps round out diverse characters with complex motivations. Each new character makes the game that much more dynamic.
- Mind-Bending Challenges – This game is easy to pick up play, but it certainly doesn’t skimp out on the challenging aspects of puzzling. Uncovering clues and putting pieces together make for a trial of one’s intuition and savvy.
- Stunning Art – The breath-taking, hand-drawn art evokes the mood of the narrative. Intrinsic to the atmosphere of the game, dark hues paint gruesome scenes vividly.
- Your Choices Matter – Each puzzle and situation has several different ways to be completed and solved, which ensures different paths for Erica to take to solve the mystery.
More articles about Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller