Crystal Dynamics has created a whole new experience specifically designed for the digital market. Players will take control of Lara and an ancient warrior named Totec in an isometric adventure through sprawling landscapes, perilous puzzles and epic boss battles. Built with two player cooperative multiplayer in mind, players, however, can still experience the game as a solo adventure.
When Lara Croft finds the long lost Temple of Light in the mountains of Central America, she unwittingly frees an evil spirit determined to plunge the world into eternal darkness. Alongside Totec, a Mayan tribesman, you must hunt down the Mirror of Smoke in what will be a new and incredible adventure.
Starting today Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is now live on Square Enix’s Core Online platform, its innovative service that offers high definition games in your browser, for free.
Titles currently available on Core Online include Hitman: Blood Money and Mini Ninjas. Also under development for Core Online is Tomb Raider: Underworld, and Gyromancer, a unique puzzle RPG. Further titles from the Square Enix catalogue are intended to be made available soon.
Click here to play Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for free.
“This is a great game for Core Online, the gameplay is the perfect mix of pick-up-and-play and challenging single player action. It’s exciting for Lara Croft to join Agent 47 on Core Online and we look forward to more guests in the near future.” said David Guldbrandsen, General Manager of Hapti.co, Square Enix’s new studio in Copenhagen focusing on browser games.
- First downloadable only title from Crystal Dynamics, and first downloadable only Lara Croft game.
- A classic formula of puzzles, combat, exploration, and breathtaking visuals put through the lens of an isometric fast-paced gaming experience.
- A wide range of options for solving puzzles and traversing deadly environmental traps, offering players an unprecedented level of freedom to choose their own solutions and explore various paths through the dense jungles of Central America.
- Crystal Dynamics' proprietary engine delivers sprawling environments with no load-times and unbelievable vertical gameplay through tombs reaching deep into the Earth.
- Face off against a myriad of undead warriors brought to life by the evil Xolotl, including a number of boss battles that are not to be missed!
- First ever co-op multiplayer action/adventure game featuring Lara Croft. Fully cooperative online and offline story mode.
More articles about Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light