Legends of Aethereus is now in beta after its successful Kickstarter campaign, and the indie game studio has also opened a pre-order campaign so interested gamers can purchase the game and get into the beta with the growing audience of supporters. The game is available at: the official website for $24.99 and is playable in beta for PCs today, with Linux and Mac versions in the works and available soon.
“We’ve looked at the Minecraft model pretty closely and really respect how Notch and the team rolled out that game,” said Don Geyer, CEO of ThreeGates. “We’ve spent years developing Legends of Aethereus and we are committed to creating an action RPG that’s not like any other game. We want to give both a great crafted gameplay experience and a very open sandbox for crafting hundreds of thousands of unique items in the game. We know the players are going to love what we’ve built and we hope new people join the community and support the game.”
Join forces in online multiplayer cooperative expeditions as the Inventor, Astrographer or Officer and venture into the uncharted wilderness of Aethereus seeking fame, glory and untold riches.
Invite your friends to your own customized Nexus City-State to battle in your arena or just show off how cool you've personalized your city using the statue-maker, banner creator and other customization features.
Embark on a variety of story driven hand-crafted expedition levels or explore the wilderness through a variety of procedurally generated exploration quests. Design and build new gear and weapons while you develop your character across a diverse and expansive skill tree allowing for a multitude of character strategies.
- Physics-based combat system including traps, set-up weapons and interaction with environmental objects
- Expedition system combines hand crafted levels with procedurally generated areas that allow for virtual infinite replayability
- The Statue-Maker, Banner Creator and other customization features allow you to personalize your own city environment
- PvP, CO-OP and Single Player combat in your own City-State Combat Arena
- Crafting and Materials system allows for virtual limitless customization
More articles about Legends of Aethereus