This Alpha demo of The Pit provides you with an introductory tutorial and a chance to fight your way down into the first 5 levels of the game!
The Pit is short for The Pit of the Bloodweaver. In this game, you play a brave Human soldier exploring a multi-level underground lab facility. The place was built and abandoned years ago by the Bloodweaver, an alien super-genius with delusions of godhood. He was the ultimate mad scientist, and The Pit was his favorite box of tinker toys.
As you break through locked doors, open storage containers, dodge traps and evade security systems, you'll also have to contend a variety of crazy foes. The Pit is full of the mutants, monsters and minions that the enemy left behind.
They're hungry, and you look like lunch.
Kerberos Productions has launched a crowd-sourcing campaign on Indiegogo.
- 3 Characters to choose from…Marine, Pilot and Engineer!
- Go up levels and improve your skills as you try and find a way to survive the depths.
- 30 Levels of ancient evil science between you and the cure!
- Dozens of enemies drawn from the SotSverse!
- Over 30 weapons and armors with a variety of special effects including flamethrowers, rocket launchers, plasma cannons and powered Brawler armor!
- Randomized augmentation effects to make each game unique
- Crafting lets you make special items from bits and pieces of your enemies.
- Over 60 items to discover, ranging from the familiar to the ancient exotic tech.
- Dozens of room types containing a host of exotic devices to help and hinder the player
- Many fiendish ways to die including poisoning, disease, traps, radiation, starvation and of course…MONSTERS.
The Pit is currently in Alpha phase, and slated for Beta release in November.
More articles about Sword of the Stars: The Pit