Trade trumps bloodline in this latest expansion, as players will experience a whole new style of game based on playing as the head of a Patrician family of in one of the great Merchant Republics. Take control of the seas to expand and defend your trading empire, survive feuds with rival families and and plot to seize their Trade Posts.
Crusader Kings II: The Republic introduces a silk route’s wealth of new features, including lobbying to become Doge, where investing money in the campaign coffers will make up for lack of family ties and prestige. Cold hard cash is king here, may the richest man win!
- Experience a new and different type of game by playing as one of the great merchant republics of Venice, Genoa, Pisa, the Hanseatic League or Gotland.
- As the head of a Patrician family, you must guide your Republican dynasty through fortune and misfortune in a world dominated by kings and emperors.
- Build Trade Posts and expand your mercantile empire by controlling the sea lanes and coasts of Europe... and defend it against rival Patricians, Republics and greedy feudal lords.
- Improve your trade posts and your prestigious family palace with dozens of unique new buildings.
- Compete in the Doge elections, compensating for lack of age and prestige by investing money in your campaign fund.
- Survive feuds with other Patrician families and plot to seize trade posts from your rivals; new plot and many special events for characters in the Republics.
- New Republican skin for the interface.
- Unique clothes and ship models for Republics.
Crusader Kings II: The Republic expansion will release on all major digital download portals for $9.99 USD.
More articles about Crusader Kings II: The Republic