The Historia Crux, a new and important gameplay system of Final Fantasy XIII-2, enables the player to travel through time to affect the past, present and future.
The Final Fantasy XIII-2 collector’s edition will be available in limited quantities at GameStop, Amazon and Best Buy for $79.99. Enclosed in premium packaging featuring artwork by Yoshitaka Amano, the collector’s edition boasts an impressive 4-disc official soundtrack and a collection of concept artwork. The full-color concept art collection contains material from the making of Final Fantasy XIII-2, with a variety of never-before-seen illustrations, environments and more.
For the first time in a Final Fantasy game, the player has the ability to capture monsters for use in future battles. Each monster has a specific role to play in combat, and there are more than 150 to collect, each with their own special attacks. As with the main party members, monsters can be developed and leveled up.
The planned downloadable content includes Coliseum Battles pitting the player against adversaries from previous Final Fantasy titles that, when defeated, can be recruited into the player's party. The Coliseum battle "Lightning and Master Sergeant Amodar" will be distributed on February 7. In addition, there will be episodes which enhance the experience and complement the narrative of Final Fantasy XIII-2 with storyline branches for key characters in the story.
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 will reveal further events from the amazing mythology as presented in the originalFinal Fantasy XIII. The story is written in a way that it can still be enjoyed without playing the previous title.
- Places with multiple pathways to explore and many secrets to find offer players the chance to shape their own adventure.
- The situation, scenery, flora, fauna and weather conditions all change, depending on when you visit locations. Untangling the threads of time is essential to experience the full story.
- New elements, such as visually dynamic Cinematic Action sequences and the Mog Clock that rewards players for their actions, create further variety and choice for the player.
- A wide variety of more than 150 different monsters inhabiting the game world can be recruited into the player$B!G(Bs party and battle strategy, with each creature having unique and devastating special abilities.
More articles about Final Fantasy XIII-2