In Blacklight Retribution , players battle in near-future combat zones utilizing customized gear and weaponry to takedown opponents online.
After three months of closed beta testing, Blacklight Retribution is ready to let the masses in! Players can look forward to starting fresh in open beta on February 27, 2012. Closed Beta will officially conclude on February 17 at 5pm PT.
Open beta will bring about some changes: three new kick ass maps, custom built Hero characters, the Data Node system, as well as jaw-dropping backgrounds and systems for players to take their game to the next level.
Key features include:
- Customization: Inspired by advanced car tuning, Blacklight allows players to customize everything about a weapon, from its barrel, to ammo types, stocks, muzzles, optics, colors and even weapon tags.
- Advanced Technology: Powered by Unreal 3 and featuring full DirectX 11 support, Blacklight brings the latest and greatest graphics to FPS gamers.
- Future Perfect: Knowledge is power. And, with tools like the Hyper Reality Visor (HRV), gamers can see enemy locations, team movements and primary objectives to get into the fight faster.
Develop A Class: Define a unique play style based on loadouts and equipment. Become a heavily armored sniper, a nimble light machinegunner or anything in-between.
- Weapon Depots: Unlock rail guns, grenade launchers and even the epic mechanized Hardsuit via Weapon Depots to punctuate a victory.
- Community and Clans: Blacklight Retribution features first-class clan creation and competitive ladders.
Players that are registered will be selected for this test and receive an email with instructions the week of the test.
More articles about Blacklight Retribution