Spec Ops: The Line unfolds within the destroyed opulence of Dubai. Once the playground for the world’s wealthiest elite, Dubai has fallen victim to a series of cataclysmic sandstorms. The city’s ultramodern architecture lies half-buried under millions of tons of sand. The very sand that blankets the city plays a marquee role in altering combat situations and serves as a powerful but unpredictable force that will both help and hinder players throughout the course of the game.
While most people have fled the now-barren wasteland before the sandstorms swept through, U.S. Army Colonel John Konrad and his loyal squad remained behind to protect those incapable of escape. Unable to reach anyone in Dubai after the storm hit, the U.S. Army feared Konrad and his team dead until they picked up a weak distress signal and launched a rescue operation. As U.S. Army Captain Martin Walker, you and your elite Delta Force team are sent to infiltrate the treacherous region to bring Konrad home. Players will experience “The Line”, that razor's edge known only to men who deal in war. It is the line they cross when death and duty become one and the same. It is the end -- of self and sanity -- when their duty is done and only they remain.
Spec Ops: The Line underscores 2K’s commitment to deliver original and innovative single and multiplayer experiences to current generation consoles and PCs. Spec Ops: The Line will take that commitment to the next level by providing players with a new and exciting multiplayer experience that offers a unique perspective on the single-player storyline.
“Spec Ops: The Line is 2K Games’ first foray into the military shooter genre,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “We’ve created a unique game that explores the dark realities of war and places players in difficult situations where the line between right and wrong becomes increasingly blurred as players fight to survive.”
Fans who pre-order the title from participating retailers will receive a free upgrade to the Premium Edition, containing the following online multiplayer content:
- Twice the amount of experience points will be awarded during the first week of play, enabling gamers to expedite character ranking;
- The AK-47 weapon will unlock at rank one;
- The “Officer Class” will unlock at rank one. This character class includes several team-based advantages, such as reducing damage to teammates and increasing the effectiveness of other classes;
- Access to the “FUBAR Pack,” which contains exclusive accessories allowing players to customize their characters with unique and visually distinctive items.
- Deep, Mature Narrative: The story of Captain Walker’s rescue mission will challenge players to make tough choices between what’s moral and what’s necessary, as Walker’s journey pushes him to his very limits.
- Blasted Opulence: The events unfold in a stunning, haunting setting – the remains of Dubai, once one of the wealthiest cities on Earth, now stripped bare. Dubai’s bold and luxurious architecture still shines through, in spite of the sandstorms threatening all that’s left. Opulent interiors contrast sharply with the vertigo inducing heights and mass destruction outside of the extravagant structures.
- Dynamic Sand: Turn the tables on foes by crushing them under a cascade of sand cast down by a strategically placed shot – but beware of oncoming sandstorms and their gale-force winds. The sweeping sands of Dubai feel almost alive, serving as a powerful but unpredictable force that will both help and hinder the mission, while opening up a variety of new interactions and tactics.
- Brutal, In-Your-Face Action: Join forces with intelligent, resourceful squad mates in fever-pitched gun battles. Accessible combat and squad controls will get you in the fight quickly, where you’ll experience the raw destructive force of your authentic weapons as well as engage in extremely physical close-quarters battles.
- Endless Multiplayer: In addition to the single-player story mode, Spec Ops: The Line packs a full range of multiplayer features, including a never-before-seen mode with unique connections to the main story, a breadth of competitive and team-based modes, as well as the ability to rank up, personalize, and customize characters from two distinctly different factions.
More articles about Spec Ops: The Line