The PGA Tour and EA Sports have shared a 22-year partnership and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 will feature many of the best championship courses from the PGA Tour tournament schedule, as well as all-new experiences around Tiger Woods’ memorable golf accomplishments throughout his lifetime.
Golf fans will once again be able to step foot onto the hallowed grounds of Augusta National Golf Club as the Masters Tournament will be included in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13. There will also be a special Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition, equipped with its own unique box art and will include all the features of the standard edition as well as five additional golf courses, Augusta National’s world-class Tournament Practice Facility, and much more.
With the most comprehensive swing mechanic revamp in over a decade, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 will provide fans unprecedented control over their swing tempo, ball position and stance, allowing players to replicate countless swing combinations used by real-world PGA TOUR players. Coupled with complete integration with Kinect for Xbox 360, including voice-enabled controls, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 lessens the gap between the real world and virtual golf course experience.
The coins-based economy will enable players to earn coins through regular gameplay. With coins, players will be able to purchase Pin Packs as well as individual rounds on PDLC courses. The player’s ultimate goal will be to unlock unlimited play on PDLC courses via either collecting all the pins for that course (players collect pins by purchasing “Pin Packs” with their earned coins), or by completing course mastery on that course by purchasing individual rounds with coins.
Country clubs will enable players to create or join an exclusive country club with friends and will also accelerate a players’ coins earnings. Friends will gather together in clubs, create tournaments and compete against club members for the coveted Club Championship. As players’ country clubs grow and level up, they’ll be awarded with increased coins payouts.
The virtual economy and country clubs simplified: Connect, Compete and Collect. The more you play, the more coins you earn, the more coins you earn the more pins you can collect, the more pins you have, the faster you’ll earn additional coins, which leads to unlocking unlimited play on PDLC courses. Participation in a Country Club will accelerate the rate at which all the above occur, so make sure to get into a Country Club.
- Total Swing Control – Taking its most significant leap forward in swing mechanics in over a decade, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 revolutionizes the virtual golf swing. Golfers will take full control over their swing with all-new tempo, swing plane and shot power controls along with an adjustable shot setup, allowing players to address the ball in a number of ways to create limitless shot types with just one club.
- 22 Licensed Professional Golfers – Fans can take to the course with any one of 22 PGA TOUR golfers in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13, including Tiger Woods, 2011 US Open Champion Rory McIlroy, 2010 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year Rickie Fowler and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 US cover art finalist Bubba Watson. More details about the new golfers in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 will be revealed during the week of January 16.
- Kinect for Xbox 360 Integration –Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 will be the first-ever Kinect for Xbox 360 sports simulation title, tracking full body movements to create the most advanced and authentic swing to date on the virtual golf course. Controller-free and voice-enabled controls provides for a unique, never-before-seen sports gaming experience. More details will be revealed about Kinect for Xbox 360 integration the week of January 24.
- PlayStation Move Integration – Improve your game with the true-to-life golf swing created for the PlayStation Move. Fans will once again be able to experience the authentic golf swing created by the PlayStation Move, allowing golfers to emulate their swing style as they drive the ball down the fairway or sink a 30-foot putt.
- Experience Tiger’s Golf Legacy – Relive first-hand Tiger Woods’ most memorable golf accomplishments as he rises from a child prodigy to golfing legend. More details will be revealed about the Tiger golf legacy feature the week of February 6.
- Online Country Clubs –In Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13, gamers will be able to invite friends to join their own exclusive country club and team up to gain quicker access to downloadable golf courses or compete against other club members for the coveted Club Championship. More details will be revealed about Online Country Clubs the week of February 20.
- The Masters Collector’s Edition Exclusives –The Collector’s Edition provides fans with the ultimate Masters experience. Fans that purchase the Collector’s Edition will receive all of the features in the standard edition game, as well as exclusive access to Augusta National Golf Club’s Tournament practice facility, Augusta National’s famous Par 3 Course, an authentic Green Jacket Presentation and a chance to explore the hallowed grounds like never before.
- The Collector’s Edition also comes packed with five additional championship courses in addition to the standard edition, allowing players to experience 21 of the world’s greatest golfing destinations.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 will retail for $59.99 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition will be available for $69.99 (X360 and PS3). EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers will be provided full digital access to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition three days before retail launch.
More articles about Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13