Dropping mines or banana peels, shooting missiles or shells, it is all expected, but we are taking the action racing one step further by proposing a much more innovative and complex system :
- Machine guns, missiles and mines: the classic arsenal will be right where it should be.
- Fuel Overdose introduces an innovative and central new weapon, a grapple.
- Bombs are placed all along the race track available for any racers to blow them up at any time.
- Much as in fighting games, each character has his strengths and weaknesses. Each character even has a series of special moves and attacks that are unique and different from the others.
Fuel Overdose other ambition is to bring in to the genre a real tactical dimension through the depth of its weapon systems, upgrades and many other new game mechanics.
- Each player has a limited budget to load his weapons and prepare his race strategy. No pick up items along the road, and if you are ranking last with one lap to go don’t hope for a magic mushroom because it’s not going to come your way.
- The race organizers give every driver the opportunity to enter an auction before the race start where the winning bidder can win a decisive edge for the race. And when the die is cast, there is no turning back, the winner will take it all and the losers will leave broke.
- Fighting is also a central part of the strategy in the game and choosing to go for an early super attack or saving up for an ultra attack can turn out to be decisive, so play wisely.
- Finally, before every race the drivers will be able to customize and upgrade their rides and gears or go altogether for a new car.
We like to think of Fuel Overdose as a “Tactical- Action-Racing” game:
- Action: From the large array of upgradable weapons one can expect for such a game, Fuel Overdose also features innovative and fun weapons and game mechanics such as a grapple that can be used both offensively and defensively, bomb detonators along the road, and a whole fighting system that offers unique skills moves and attacks to each character of the game.
- Tactical: With Fuel Overdose, the choices made before and during the race have a real impact on your chances of success. The game leaves no room for luck and features a resource management system for the vehicles and weaponry, a super/ultra attack gauge inherited from the versus fighting genre as well as auction events than can bring a decisive edge to win races.
- Racing: Fuel Overdose is not a combat-arena game, it is, as its core, a racing game that requires driving skills and that allows and values different racing styles and a diverse garage of vehicles, themselves all customizable to improve their driving and performance.
More articles about Fuel Overdose