In Blacklight Retribution , players battle in near-future combat zones utilizing customized gear and weaponry to takedown opponents online.
With Blacklight Retribution's Open Beta, competitive shooter fans can finally experience next-generation visuals, polish and gameplay in a tightly presented free-to-play package.
The Blacklight Retribution Open Beta features all-new content:
- New Multiplayer Maps: Three new maps will be released throughout the Open Beta period, beginning today with Vortex. Live and die fighting in a sprawling missile silo complex with cover heavy terrain and flooded walkways that create intense firefights around every corner.
- Playable Hero Characters: Get a unique look and a defined role by utilizing carefully crafted Heroes pre-built for battle.
- Data Nodes: Pump up abilities and go next level with new socketing and crafting systems.
Perfect World Entertainment is also hosting numerous events to celebrate the Blacklight Retribution Open Beta launch, including leveling and video contests, as well as raffle giveaways where gamers can win a variety of cool prizes.
Key features include:
- Customization: Inspired by advanced car tuning, Blacklight allows players to customize everything about a weapon, from its barrel, to ammo types, stocks, muzzles, optics, colors and even weapon tags.
- Advanced Technology: Powered by Unreal 3 and featuring full DirectX 11 support, Blacklight brings the latest and greatest graphics to FPS gamers.
- Future Perfect: Knowledge is power. And, with tools like the Hyper Reality Visor (HRV), gamers can see enemy locations, team movements and primary objectives to get into the fight faster.
Develop A Class: Define a unique play style based on loadouts and equipment. Become a heavily armored sniper, a nimble light machinegunner or anything in-between.
- Weapon Depots: Unlock rail guns, grenade launchers and even the epic mechanized Hardsuit via Weapon Depots to punctuate a victory.
- Community and Clans: Blacklight Retribution features first-class clan creation and competitive ladders.
Players that are registered will be selected for this test and receive an email with instructions the week of the test.
More articles about Blacklight Retribution